WHY MASTER STUDIES OF LAW AT VILNIUS UNIVERSITY?
- The Faculty of Law at Vilnius University is the oldest and most prestigious law school in the country and one of the best in the region. Each year 300 Masters of Laws graduate from our university and are particularly welcome by employers.
- The LL.M. programme at Vilnius University is an officially registered full-time university study programme; upon its completion, a student will acquire the European-wide recognized qualification of the Master of Laws.
- The languages of instruction of the LL.M. programme are English and/or Russian.
- Professors of the Faculty of Law of Vilnius University have gained significant experience in international and the European Union law as a result of their active involvement and participation in the implementation of international and the European Union law in Lithuania. They are distinguished experts in the legal specificity of Western Europe as well as Central and Eastern Europe.
SPECIFIC ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND SELECTION CRITERIA
- The programme is designed for persons who have obtained a recognized qualification of a Bachelor of Laws or an equivalent qualification of a jurist from institutions of higher education outside the territory of the Republic of Lithuania. The procedure of admission is competitive; it is based on the candidate’s application supported by required documents.
- Proficiency in Russian or English (depending on the group) is required to ensure proper participation in lectures, workshops and seminars, sufficient skills for reading relevant literature and normative acts and for essay writing.
- Applications are accepted throughout the year; however, the deadline for submission of application and preliminary documents for each academic year is May 1 (for EU citizens –June 15). The academic year starts in September.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 1, 2016