Nottingham Law School is one of the largest university law schools in the UK with a reputation for innovation and delivering the highest standards of legal training and education. Our mission is to prepare students for their future careers and we have a proven track record in graduate employability. The School's credentials speak for themselves.
- Our links with leading local, national and international law firms and barristers' chambers keep us at the forefront of legal education.
- NTU is in the top ten universities in the UK for the number of students taking year-long work placements (HESA 2013-14).
- Our award winning Legal Advice Centre project provides over 100 opportunities to gain rewarding, practical legal experience.
- You will be taught by legally qualified staff who have real practical experience in the legal industry and also by leading academics, whose research drives our courses.
- We recognise that flexible study is increasingly important, offering full-time, part-time and distance learning programmes.
- All our undergraduate law degrees are recognised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and Bar Standards Board as Qualifying Law Degrees.
- Our Legal Practice Course has continuously received the highest possible grading by the Law Society/Solicitors Regulation Authority ever since its inception.
- We are one of only nine educational establishments validated by the Bar Standards Board to deliver the Bar Professional Training Course.
- We offer a wide range of LLMs, both academic and professional, as well as PhD and Professional Doctorate programmes.
- We were the first to offer a full time LLM in Advocacy Skills outside of the US.
- We also offer a distinctive range of award bearing and CPD courses for practitioners, including our Professional Certificate in Trade Mark Practice and Postgraduate Certificate in Legal Services Regulation.
- Our highly-rated Graduate Diploma in Law conversion course has a pass rate of over 90%.
- The high calibre of research at Nottingham Law School has been recognised under the REF 2014. Over 88% of the School's research outputs that were evaluated were found to be of at least internationally-recognised quality.
The place to be
- Nottingham Law School's outstanding facilities, including mock courtrooms, a £13 million library, over 7,000 computer workstations and newly refurbished buildings, ensure our students have the best environment in which to learn.
- We have a whole section of the library dedicated to Nottingham Law School which includes journals, textbooks, practitioner texts, reports and legislation.
- A dedicated careers and recruitment service for our professional courses provides students with guidance and assistance in their search for a training contract or pupillage.
- Exciting opportunities exist to study in Europe with our International Summer Schools programme.
- Why not enhance your career by learning a foreign language, join one of our many clubs and societies, including Lex Law Society, or keep fit in our excellent sports facilities?
This school offers programs in: