The Bachelor of Law pioneers with useful innovations, offering comprehensive legal studies in Cyprus and Greek Law in constant contact with the judicial and lawyers’ practice.
The Bachelor of Law (LLB) of the Law School of the Neapolis University in Cyprus provides the necessary education and practical training to the students so they can make a career in the legal professions (lawyers, judges, notaries, legal counsels etc.).The Bachelor of Law is structured in a way to provide our graduates with the necessary skills for a successful career in Public and International Organisations. Teaching is provided in small groups by University Professors and Jurists distinguished in practice and legal science.
The Law School of the Neapolis University in Cyprus pioneers by organising two separate departments of legal studies: Greek and Cyprus law. In line with the global trend of internationalization of law and exuberant admission of European law into national law, the student becomes familiar with the comparative approach of the two major families of law, the Continental (or civil law system) and Anglo-Saxon Law. For this reason, the Student is encouraged to choose a certain number of courses in the other direction than the one he attends to.
Furthermore, special emphasis is given on teaching International and European Law. The Law School provides two relevant post-graduate Bachelor of Law in ‘International and European Business Law’ and in ‘European Governance’. Τhe Bachelor of Law teach prestigious Professors from Greece and abroad. For teaching purposes all modern teaching means are exploited (PowerPoint, Moodle, e-conference, etc.). On the other hand the teaching, in the Bachelor of Law is not based on the mechanical transmission of legal knowledge but simultaneously exercises the student through practical team exercises and the continuous evaluation of student understanding. At the same time the Bachelor of Law aims on advancing the ability of students to develop legal reasoning and learning how to correctly interpret the Law.
The Bachelor of Law of the Law School of the Neapolis University in Cyprus is recognised by all relevant and competent Cypriot and Greek Organisations as equal of other recognised Universities. The Bachelor of Law completely covers the necessary knowledge a student must have, in order to become accepted from the Bar association of Greece and take part in the exams of the Cyprus Bar association.
The current Dean of Neapolis University in Cyprus Law School is Professor Antonis Manitakis, former Dean of Law, University of Thessaloniki and former Minister for Administrative Reform of Greece.
Bachelor of Law (LLB) – Description
The Bachelor of Law is aimed at familiarizing the students with the most important concepts and principles governing the Greek and Cypriot legal system, as these interact with, and are influenced by, the international and the European Law. Particular emphasis is placed on the commercial law and European Union law, whereas academic knowledge is combined with the appropriate practical experience. The Bachelor of Law completely covers the necessary knowledge a student must have, in order to become accepted from the Bar association of Greece and take part in the exams of the Cyprus Bar association.
At the end of the Bachelor of Law the student will be able to:
- Recognize the basic concepts and principles governing the legal systems of Greece and Cyprus, as well as the influence of the international legal system and the European Union Law on them
- Understand the political and social parameters which affect the law-making process and its application
- Conduct a legal research in a methodical and effective manner, in order to construct arguments
- Be able to conduct critical analysis and legal reasoning and use these skills in order to deal with particular legal issues
- Structure comprehensive and consistent legal arguments and express himself/herself verbally and in writing with clarity and precision
- Evaluate the various legal arguments and select the most appropriate ones, according to the case in hand
- Pinpoint the most important legal issues arising from complicated cases and deal with them successfully
- Be a scientist with comprehensive legal education, ready to serve the legal system from any location and task chosen for a bright career.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 16, 2017