The Bachelor of Law program is designed to provide comprehensive legal education for students interested in the legal profession. Students study several law courses covering public and private law disciplines. As a result, the program provides them with accurate knowledge about the basic concepts and rules of law, with special focus on UAE laws, the accurate way to apply laws and regulations on facts, the interpretation of law provisions according to pre-defined interpretation rules, the comparison between legislative rules and the jurisprudence, as well as judicial trends. Furthermore, the program addresses legal writing skills to enable the students to write memorials and other legal documents efficiently and correctly. Students draw valuable lessons from the practical training offered through the educational courts based on the male and female campuses. The COL adopts educational court as an essential part of the educational process; which provides a great opportunity for students to link theoretical and practical aspects of law study. The College of Law prides itself on its numerous partnerships with local and federal institutions, as well as international law firms, where the students are provided hands-on experience combining theoretical and practical aspects of education.
- Build and develop a solid scientific base of knowledge in all areas of public and private law among the students.
- Create and enhance the professional practice aspect of the theoretical knowledge gained by students.
- Enable students to conduct legal research in accordance with well-established scientific research methodologies.
- Enable students to acquire professional skills and to efficiently use them in order to enhance their professional performance.
- Develop the ethical aspects of students’ unique personalities which are necessary for the exercise of the legal profession.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Explain the concepts and rules of law, Especially the UAE law.
- Apply legal rules to the actual facts in a correct manner.
- Interpret legal provisions in accordance with well-established rules of interpretation.
- Conduct scientific research in accordance with legal research methodologies.
- Formulate memorandums and judicial decisions in a clear and correct language.
- Deliver speeches to the audience fluently and with proper language.
- Use information technology accurately and efficiently in undertaking various duties.
- Demonstrate self-management and independent learning skills with regard to the field of law.
- Lead a team positively.
- Comply with professional and ethical rules in performing the required tasks.
About the School
The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling approximately 13,900 students, with more than 900 faculty and 65,000 alumni holding key positions ... Read More