Aim of the Program
The one-year Bucerius Master of Law and Business (LLM /MLB) is the ideal program for young professionals who strive to work at the intersection of law and business. Its graduates are equipped with an impressive set of skills and knowledge with direct relevance for work in international companies, law firms, and other organizations. They belong to a group of cutting-edge professionals who have been systematically trained to take an interdisciplinary approach to legal and management questions. Graduates of the Master of Law and Business program understand complex legal situations, grasp their economic dimensions and perform effectively in an intercultural environment. They meet the increasing demand for corporations, law firms and non-profit organizations for interdisciplinarily educated and internationally oriented young professionals.
Unique Curricular Concept: The Lifecycle Approach
The unique curriculum of the Master of Law and Business follows the life-cycle of an enterprise and pursues both the legal and business aspects of its development. This includes the founding of the enterprise, transforming the firm into a publicly-held enterprise, going international, merging with or acquiring another firm, and restructuring a firm that has financial difficulties.
By using the development of an enterprise as its structural backbone, the Master of Law and Business creates synergies among its various modules. As a result, the students study more efficiently and obtain a better overall understanding of the interrelationship of law and business. Students analyze the realization of an entrepreneurial idea, investigate the founding of a business enterprise, and evaluate the international growth and development of that enterprise.
Elective modules allow students to deepen their knowledge in additional areas of law and business. A mandatory internship and writing of a master’s thesis add practice-oriented and research components to the program. Depending on the focus of their studies and their academic background, graduates are awarded either a Master of Laws (LLM ) or a Master of Law and Business (MLB).
In order to qualify for admission, applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- A 3-4 year undergraduate degree*
- At least 1-3 years of post-graduate work experience
- Proven interest or experience in the field of law or business
- Proven extracurricular interests
- Excellent English language skills
- International experience is preferred but not mandatory.
* The Bachelor degree has to be valued at 240 ECTS (4 years) or equivalent. A 210 ECTS credit degree can be considered if the applicant has at least two years of post-graduate work experience.
- Offered by Bucerius Law School, Germany’s top-ranked law school
- Interdisciplinary curriculum and international student body
- One-year full-time program taught entirely in English
- For young professionals with a Bachelor degree or higher and some work experience
- Two-degree options: LLM (Master of Laws) or MLB (Master of Law and Business)
- Strong career service and internship support
- Renowned faculty from academia and practice
- Excellent administrative support
- Focus on employment-relevant knowledge and skills
- Full and partial scholarships available
About the School
In Germany, it is the first choice of law students and law firms alike. The academic community at Bucerius Law School distinguishes itself by its courage to endeavor in new and innovative directions a ... Read More