Business Law/International Business Law – Master of Laws (LLM)
Reap the benefits of home study and flexible options by studying the Business Law or International Business Law Master of Laws (LLM) course
De Montfort University’s well-established distance learning programmes in Business Law or in International Business Law have been designed for professionals from a wide variety of backgrounds and organizations.
There’s no need to interrupt your employment when enrolling in these flexible courses – take a look at just some of the benefits:
- Analyse, interpret and apply the laws regulating your business
- Gain a competitive advantage in difficult market conditions - increase your skills at this crucial time
- Achieve a recognized UK university qualification while combining full-time employment with study
- Learn from key industry practitioners and academics and benefit directly from their insight and invaluable commentary
- Apply your learning and new skills to your work immediately and help further your career
- Fulfil up to 100% of your annual SRA CPD and can fulfill up to 100% of your Bar Standards Board CPD requirements
- Tailor the programme to your needs by studying your own unique combination of modules from this and other De Montfort LLM programmes.
- Study at a faster pace – follow the ‘accelerated route’ and complete the LLM in 15 months
The standard entry requirements for the course are either a degree in law or another discipline from a UK university or a relevant professional qualification or an equivalent international qualification which indicates an ability to study at the postgraduate level. Whilst some background knowledge of the law is useful, a degree in law is not essential.
What will I study in the programme?
Business Law in the UK and the EU
- Aspects of European Union Law
- Business Law Concepts
- Business Regulatory Regime
- Aspects of Discrimination in Business
- Civil Liberties in the Workplace
- Business Taxation
- Collective Labour Law
- European e-Commerce Law
- Corporate Insolvency Law
- Personal Insolvency Law
- Sale and Supply of Goods
- Negotiated Study
- Company Law
- Consumer Law
- EU Competition Law
- Individual Labour Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Law of Health & Safety
- Law of International Trade
- Private International Law
And you can tailor the course to fit your specific job role and industry by selecting modules from other LLM programmes as well!
The course fees for September 2013 are £3800 (VAT exempt) per year of study. Total LLM course fee is £7600 (VAT exempt). The fee for the Accelerated Route is £8000 (VAT exempt). The fee for the Postgraduate Certificate is £2700 (VAT exempt) and the fee for the Postgraduate Diploma level is £5400 (VAT exempt).
Fees include the provision of all course materials, tuition costs, access to relevant online legal resources at Leicester De Montfort Law School such as Butterworths Direct and Westlaw, the Induction Weekend and further Study Days. Please note that travel and accommodation costs are not included in the fees and must be covered by the student. Full payment of course fees is required before the start of the course (ie by Thursday 19th September 2013) or within 28 days of receipt of your invoice, whichever is sooner.
IF YOU PAY THE FULL LLM COURSE FEE BEFORE THE START OF THE COURSE, YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE A £150 DISCOUNT.
About the School
Informa Professional Academy works in partnership with leading academic bodies to assist in the provision of highly specialised and bespoke professional postgraduate distance learning courses. Our str ... Read More