Since ancient times the value of sport, racing and sporting ethics, was qualified including those promoted through human values that contribute to the creation of a coherent personality. In this context, it became necessary to develop norms and create a regulatory framework to preserve and promote the values and ideals of sport. Besides both sport and physical education are fundamental rights for every human being.
Nowadays sport has become a global phenomenon and people participate in various aspects of it by watching video sporting events either by actively participating in the administration or management of these events and while the number of professional athletes and coaches geometrically increases, a multitude of relationships that require legislation is created.
The Sports Law studies the concepts of sport, sports activities, and sporting life. It examines the problems that arise within the sports scene and determines their legal dealing practices.This course is an introduction to the world of sports key concepts as conceived in national and international law.
At the same, it imports us to the concept of sports disputes, the nature and character of sports courts and the Court of Arbitration for Sport. Through this online course, we will record and investigate major problems that encounter in the international racing and sports activity.
Finally, we will analyze the topic of labor relations developed in the context of professional activity of individuals in sports and racing action.
The program runs via a user-friendly educational platform. Once the participant completes all the units successfully, he/she receives a certificate of training.
The course is offered in collaboration with IASL (International Association of Sports Law).
This programme is designed for anyone with an interest in Law Courses and particularly in the field of the Sports Law. The content of this course is addressed to people who can be defined as Law experts.
Upon completion of the programme, participants will have acquainted themselves with:
- an insight into the theoretical foundations of sports law
- an introduction to the law of the international sports institutions,
- a legal analysis of the system of the international sports jurisdiction,
- a thorough legal analysis on special topics of Sports Law such as doping, broadcasting of sports games, betting, gambling and sponsoring.
Module 1 – Sports Law, theory and praxis
Module 1 provides an insight into the theoretical foundations of sports law and, in particular, to the emerging specialty area of international sports law
- Lesson 1: Theoretical foundation and general principles of Sports Law
- Lesson 2: The physical movement within the Framework Of Law
- Lesson 3: Theory of Sports Law – Lex Sportiva
- Lesson 4: Labor relations in international sport
Module 2 – International Sports Law and sports institutions
Module 2 introduces the participants to the law of the international sports institutions, namely the International Olympic Committee and the International Sports Federations.
- Lesson 1: Law of the ancient Olympic Games
- Lesson 2: International sports legal order and Lex Sportiva
- Lesson 3: Lex Olympica (law of the Olympic Games)
- Lesson 4: European law and sport
Module 3 – Sports Jurisdiction
Module 3 provides vital legal analysis on the system of the international sports jurisdiction to those interested in the resolution of sports disputes from an international perspective.
- Lesson 1: Dispute resolution in international sport
- Lesson 2: International sports jurisdiction
- Lesson 3: Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS)
- Lesson 4: Fair trial in sport and the principle of equity in sports dispute resolution
Module 4 – Special topics of Sports Law
Module 4 provides a thorough legal analysis on special topics of Sports Law. The legal treatment of doping, broadcasting of sports games, betting and gambling and sponsoring is addressed to this module
- Lesson 1: Human rights in sports activities
- Lesson 2: Doping in sports
- Lesson 3: International rules against doping
- Lesson 4: Applicable law on doping according to the domestic sports law
- Lesson 5: Betting and gambling in sport activities
- Lesson 6: Choregia – sponsoring
- Lesson 7: Publicity right for player or Integrity(Match-fixing) in Sporting