The awarded degree in recognition of the completion of the requirements of this program is "Doctorate of Philosophy in Law", and it will be offered in Arabic. However, there will be an opportunity for the students to specialize in one branch of law through the elective courses studied and the subject of the dissertation which they will argue/defend. The Program will be offered at UAEU in Al Ain campus.
UAEU now ranks #1 in the UAE based on the Times Higher Education Ranking! We are also #5 in the Middle East, #49th in Asia and #70 in the Young University Rankings of 2019.
- Develop scholarly inquiry grounded in research and the reality of practice in the field of law.
- Offer a rigorous and innovative discipline-based knowledge that prepares students to succeed in a globally challenging, competitive and changing environment.
- Enhance professional growth, lifelong learning skills and leadership competencies in the area of specialization for career opportunities in different sectors.
- Adhere to professional integrity and research ethics, and be committed to values related to the field of law.
- Prepare graduates to be inquisitive, to reason critically, and to communicate clearly and effectively.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Compare the Legislative, Jurisprudential and Judiciary trends in the field of specialization.
- Criticize legal provisions, jurisprudential opinions, and judicial trends in the UAE and comparative legal systems.
- Undertake research that includes knowledge in the field of specialization.
- Communicate the key concepts in the field of specialization using appropriate language.
- Develop innovative solutions for contemporary legal issues.
- Express commitment to the relevant ethical and professional rules in the field of law.
- Lead a team to provide solutions for the relevant legal issues
Ph.D. Tuition Payer (All Nationalities) Part-time or Full-time
The purpose of the “Ph.D. Tuition Payer” option is to recruit high achieving graduate students who are employed and wish to pursue their graduate studies at UAEU on a part-time basis.
- Have a GPA ≥ 3.0/4.0 in Master degree.
- Pay the tuition fees of the Ph.D. program.
- Prefer to have the dissertation in one of the UAE priority sectors(Renewable Energy, Transportation, Education, Health, Water, Technology, Space).
- Meet the Ph.D. admission requirements.
- Optional work as Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) or Graduate Administrative Assistant (GAA) up to 10 hours per week upon availability by College or College of Graduate Studies (up to AED 2,000).
- Extra Bonus:
- Up to AED 3,000 from supervisor’s external research project, or.
- Up to AED 2,000 from supervisor’s internal research project.
4 - 6 years
Duties and Expectations
- Maintain GPA of ≥ 3.0 at the Ph.D. level.
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits/semester.
- The applicant can be an employee and work outside of UAE University.
- The applicant can have external financial sponsorship from any organization.
Merit Fellowship Award
To receive the Merit Award, students are expected to have high academic credentials and maintain their academic success at the UAEU. The Merit Fellowship Award offers a financial assistance in form of partial tuition waiver to qualified students. Students in STEM and strategic areas of the country (renewable energy, transportation, health, water resources, technology, space) will have priority.
- Have Excellent Academic Standing (GPA ≥ 3.6/4.0).
- Maintain a GPA ≥3.6/4.0 during study at UAEU.
- Have no other financial sponsorship or award.
- 50% discount on tuition fees.
- Valid until graduation as long as the student is abiding with the Student Eligibility conditions.
About the School
The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling approximately 13,900 students, with more than 900 faculty and 65,000 alumni holding key positions ... Read More