Uniquely tailored for international students seeking an edge in the competitive field of international business law, our LL.M. Business Law in a Global Context offers students advanced knowledge of North American law, comparative law, and international law, in addition to addressing the growing complexity of the law in a globalized world. The program is conceived in such a manner as to equip participating students with significant analytical and research skills.
The following topics feature among the courses offered:
- Western Legal Systems
- Common-Law Aspects of Commercial Transactions
- Business Organization and Governance
- Secured Transactions and Bankruptcy
- Intellectual and Industrial Property
- Electronic Commerce Law
- International Commercial Dispute Resolution
- Legal Aspects of International Finance
- International Tax Law for Business Lawyers
- Globalization and Emerging Economies
- International Economic Crimes
- Legal Practice in Canada
Qualifications for admission
To be eligible to apply to this program, applicants must:
- Possess a law degree or an equivalent degree with high academic standing from an accredited university;
- Have a thorough knowledge of the English language;
- Meet the other admission requirements specified in the applicable academic regulations; and
- Take part in a personal interview, if necessary.
Only a limited number of scholarships for graduate students attending the Master of Laws (LL.M.) Business Law in a Global Context program will be offered based upon the excellence of the student’s application. Some countries or national organizations provide scholarships to their citizens, i.e. China: China Scholarship Council. Please consult your local resources. Other scholarships may be available at the Faculty to graduate students during the academic year.
Leonardo Daldegan Lima (Brazil) LL.M. 2010
The quality of the professors, the case studies, the reputation of the program, as well as the company of colleagues from various countries around the world, making it an extraordinary opportunity to develop my skills in the business law industry. I do recommend this challenging program, because of its seriousness and excellence.
Dan Su (China) LL.M. 2010 / B.C.L., LL.B. 2015 Associate at Fasken
The whole experience was about challenging, fulfilling, discovering and realizing. I still remember my first day, so long ago, yet so fresh. At Université de Montréal, I found my way.
Tuition per trimester full-time
Tuition fees in Québec educational institutions are regulated according to the student's legal status in Canada:
- Quebec residents: approximately 1,227.75CAD + related expenses
- French and French-speaking Belgians: approximately 1,227.75CAD + related expenses
- International students: Full time: approximately 8,407.73CAD
- Tuition fees for non-resident Canadians: $ 3,815.85 + related fees
Tuition reduction scholarships available to International Students