During the last 15 years coordinating the Program of Advanced Studies of the Academy of Human Rights and International Humanitarian Law, we have been able to identify a clear need for training and training for professionals, especially abroad, with a specific interest in Human Rights.
This program recognizes the nature of international human rights law as a multicultural and multilingual field in which human rights defenders, lawyers and government representatives debate and shape the new standards of human dignity that all States of the international community They must repect. The LL.M. in Human Rights and Humanitarian Law administered entirely in Spanish unequivocally addresses the need for specialized training in the International Law of Human Rights in the United States and throughout the world.
- Impunity and International Justice
- Economic, Social and Cultural Rights
- Women and the International Law of Human Rights
- Inter-American Human Rights System
- International human right
- Human Rights and its Relationship with Environmental Law and Development
- Litigation and Activism in Human Rights
- Human Rights System of the United Nations
- Implementation of Human Rights in Domestic Law
- Freedom of expression
- Human Rights and International Courts
In order to initiate the application process, candidates must submit the following:
- Application for online admission (PDF) and registration fee
- Official copies of the academic record of a US law school accredited by the American Bar Association or a law school abroad with equivalent standards
- Letter of interest explaining the reasons why you want to register in the Program
- Curriculum Vitae (Resume) of no more than 3 pages
- Two letters of recommendation
- Scholarship and essay application for the scholarship application
Candidates who are interested in obtaining a Master's Degree (LL.M.) in Human Rights and Humanitarian Law in Spanish but whose mother tongue is not Spanish should contact us to establish the alternatives to accredit their competence in that language.
About the School
Designed for international and domestic law graduates, our LL.M. programs feature flexible curricula that incorporate a rich array of specialized law courses and seminars and experiential learning opp ... Read More