We take your education personally.
When you commit to coming to the United States for your Master’s of Law (LL.M.) degree, you deserve a school that will show the same amount commitment to you. The LL.M. program at Loyola is designed to bring a personal approach to your studies. With a maximum of 20 students each year, our dedicated faculty and staff can devote all the time and attention you need to get the most out of your time at Loyola.
Louisiana is the only mixed jurisdiction state in the country, which means Loyola is one of just a few schools that can offer certificates in common and civil law. This will provide you with added flexibility in deciding where to practice—whether that’s in Louisiana, around the United States or almost anywhere in the world. But while you’re in school you will spend the year living in one of the most international and culturally diverse cities in the country: New Orleans.
Advantages of Our LL.M. Program
What Makes Loyola Unique?
- Study Civil Law in the Civil Code jurisdiction of Louisiana (like many European, Latin American & Middle Eastern jurisdictions).
- Also study Common Law (like all other U.S. states, and in the U.K., Canada, Australia & throughout the Commonwealth).
- Qualify to sit for the New York (common law), Louisiana (civil law) & other U.S. bar exams.
- Work with an individual faculty mentor assigned to you to help monitor your academic success.
- Dedicated career services will help you achieve your career goals.
- Gain hands on legal experience in law clinics, with real live clients.
- Enjoy small, personalized legal research and writing classes.
- Undertake U.S. and overseas internships, special projects and public interest activities.
- Study in Loyola’s overseas summer programs.
- Take specialized elective courses with J.D. students, and be immersed in U.S. legal education.
- Join J.D. students in strong student organizations.
- Receive a 1st class U.S. legal education in a program dedicated to its LL.M. students.
- Receive U.S. law training to help prepare you for work in a globalized economy.
- Take complimentary skills courses to enhance your legal experience and knowledge.
- Enjoy life in New Orleans!
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2017