Tuition in Turkish
The basic philosophy of the Faculty is to have a character of a forum where students could gain, in addition to basic professional knowledge, a scientific legal approach to follow and participate in the permanent development of the world facing the challenge of globalisation. The Faculty is conscious of the fact and the graduate program is structured in such a way that the students shall have the opportunity to gain and develop the ability of determining, searching for and achieving the appropriate information they need.
Objectives of the Faculty:
- The Faculty of Law offers a broad set of courses concerning all challenging dimensions of contemporary Law.
- The curriculum is structured to provide the students not only with knowledge in classical and substantial areas like Constitutional Law, Administrative Law, Civil Law, Commercial Law and Criminal Law, but also with basic professional information in other fields requiring an international perspective of specialization like Competition Law, Intellectual and Industrial Property Law, International Commercial Arbitration, European Union Law, International Business Law, Transportation Law and Maritime Law.
Description of the Faculty’s course design
One of the aims of the Law Faculty is to provide the students with the opportunity to combine their theoretical knowledge with an awareness of legal practice so as to enable them to adjust to the legal profession without any difficulty in the future. For this purpose, courses are thought in small classes which allows professors give close personal attention to each student. Students shall have opportunity to apply the theorical knowledge in tutorials. One of the most important opportunities that Faculty offers to its student is its moot court where students examine legal problems by playing the roles of judge, prosecutor and attorney. Cameras in moot court provide students chance to watch and criticize their performance with professors.
Duration : 8 semesters (4 years)
- An ability to identify and formulate legal questions.
- An ability to apply the knowledge of law to solve legal questions.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability for writing a legal instrument and oral communication.
- An ability to understand and comment the legal problem.
- An ability to understand and search the legal tools, such as case programs, case books, legal regulation.
- An ability to cope the increasingly competitive and complex global legal environment.
Faculty students graduate with the title of “jurist”. After finishing training periods or winning the exams, a graduate shall have right to work; as lawyer independently or in private or public institutions or as judge in judicial or administrative courts or as public prosecutor, notary public, diplomat, public auditor, commissioner of audit, inspector in banks or in various public and private institutions as manager and consultant.
Entrance requirements for international students
- Completed application form
- High School diploma, school leaving certificate, transcript and reference letter for undergraduate applicants
- University degree, transcript and academic reference letter for graduate applicants
- Proof of English proficiency
- Copy of passport
- Passport photographs
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 10, 2017