LLM (Trans-national Criminal Justice)
The BPP University LLM Trans-national Criminal Justice offers students an opportunity to develop a deep understanding and practical skills of how trans-national and comparative tax law operates in practice. The proper administration of the criminal justice system is integral to the rule of law. Criminal activity increasingly takes advantage of the traditional restraint of criminal justice systems to confine their roles within the sovereignty of their own national borders. Developments in modern technology, communication and travel, permit criminals to function effectively beyond the reach of traditional law enforcement. States and inter-governmental organisations aware of the implications that this has for the protection of the state and its citizens have over the last fifty or so years adapted and developed the criminal law and its institutions and established the foundations for trans-national responses and interventions. There is now a body of law and practice which can be recognised as trans-national criminal law, which includes within it international criminal law. This is a dynamic and highly important body of law and practice, the impact of which is increasingly significant throughout the world.
- Opportunity to get involved in our award-winning Pro Bono Centre offering legal advice
- Interact with a mix of academic, judiciary and practitioners from various legal systems
- Develop a deep understanding and practical skills of how trans-national and comparative tax law operates in practice
- Study at a ‘Centre of Excellence’ in the field of investment and management, awarded by the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI)
- Participate in international symposia on trans-national crime.
To apply for the BPP University LLM Trans-national Criminal Justice Law you must meet the following minimum admissions requirements:
You should hold an equivalent to:
• Minimum 2.2 law degree
• Minimum 2.2 degree in law and another subject
• Minimum 2.2 non-law degree and a pass in the GDL or CPE
• Minimum 2.2 non-law degree and appropriate/relevant professional experience
• Non-graduates with appropriate professional experience will also be considered
If your first language is not English you should also have a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 10, 2017