International Tax Law is an area that is still only minimally covered in graduate and postgraduate law and economics programmes.
As a student in this programme, you will expand your knowledge of the theory and practice of international tax law, with a special focus on tax treaties, transfer pricing and EC tax law issues. You will also study the most important cross-border features of domestic statutory law and case law of the Unites States and, to a limited extent, of The Netherlands.
In addition, you will become familiar with international planning techniques in the areas of both company taxation and estate taxation and planning. The programme pays specific attention to the development of English drafting skills.
The professors teaching the programme have built a reputation for themselves in their field of expertise. Many of them also work as independent practitioners in private or public sectors, and have a wide-ranging network.
This advanced master of laws programme is designed for talented international and Dutch students with various backgrounds:
- those who recently graduated from a university graduate law or economics programme with a substantial legal orientation;
- those who have been in private (tax) law practice for some years;
- those who have worked in a (tax) position with a government (typically a Ministry of Finance or a Revenue Service).
If you would like to know more, please get in touch or visit the programme page on our website: http://en.mastersinleiden.nl/programmes/international-tax-law/en/introduction.
Among the subjects you will be taking with this programme, you may find the following:
- Fundamentals of International Tax Law
- Tax Treaties
- Customs Duties & Excise Taxes
- Transfer Pricing
- Basics EU Tax Law
- International Estate & Trust Taxation
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 31, 2017