Are you ready to resolve business disputes through arbitration? In a growing number of countries, arbitration is the prevailing standard in business dispute settlement. This is, for example, the case for the markets in China, South-America, Africa and Indonesia. Because of the globalization and related growth of international trade, the number of international arbitration cases is rapidly increasing. The post-graduate LL.M. Arbitration and Business Law provide you with the practical and theoretical skills necessary to deal with business problems and dispute resolution (including arbitration and litigation) in an international or national context. Boost your career in the field of arbitration and business law with this unique LL.M.
- Unique and only programme on Arbitration offered in the Netherlands
- You are educated by excellent teachers who besides their academic position are also successful in the arbitration practice
- You receive small-scale education in an international classroom
- You have the possibility to participate in the international Willem C. Vis Moot
What aspects does the programme cover?
Theone year intensive postgraduate LL.M.is aimed at recently graduated lawyers and junior practitioners in its main markets who over the years have proven to be very interested in the fields of arbitration and business law.Each year talented international young professionals from all around the world enroll in this programme. Due to the small class size, there is a lot of interaction among students and staff into discussing cases and experiences in different countries.
The Post-Graduate LL.M. program Arbitration and Business Law consist of some core business law courses:
- Conflicts of Law and International Litigation
- International Business Law
combined with three specialized business law courses:
- Contract Drafting
- International Corporate Law
- Carriage of Goods
and three courses specifically focussed on arbitration:
- Fundamentals of Arbitration Law
- International and Comparative Arbitration Law
- Arbitration Skills or Willem C. Vis Arbitration Moot
You are educated by excellent teaching staff. They have both a solid (international) academic background as a wealth of experience from the arbitration practice that they like to share with you. Improve your practical skills in the course on Arbitration Skills or participate in the Willem C. Vis Arbitration Moot. You will acquire advanced, specialized legal training and will be qualified to work in multinational legal environments including as in-house legal counsel and an attorney in arbitration and litigation practice.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 8, 2018