This specialisation stimulates a critical awareness of the operation of international environmental law and policy, and features a particular focus on topics that are perceived to be controversial or in a state of evolution.
In following this specialisation you develop a sound knowledge and systematic understanding of the institutional structures, key principles of law and policy, and the contexts within which international law operates. You study the theoretical, social, political and scientific perspectives that underlie the substantive areas of law, as well as the practical situations in which international environmental law operates. Graduates of the LLM take with them the knowledge and expertise required to pursue a professional or academic career in this contemporary and developing discipline.
Modules associated with this specialisation include:
- Climate Change and Renewable Energy Law
- European Community Environmental Law and Policy
- International Environmental Law – Legal Foundations
- International Environmental Law – Substantive Legal Aspects
- International Trade Law and the Environment
This school offers programs in: