|Full-time||12 months||September||Southwark Campus|
|Part-time||24 months||September||Southwark Campus|
All modules are assessed by a mix of examinations, written coursework, oral presentations, live client assessment and reflective practice logs.
- Civil Justice
- Civil Litigation Practice (CILEx)
- Legal Advice (Clinical)
Plus three of the following optional modules:
- Advocacy (Clinical)
- Mediation & Negotiation
- Employment Law Practice (CILEx)
- Family Law Practice (CILEx)
- Criminal Litigation Practice (CILEx)
You'll develop your professional skills, experience, and confidence alongside local legal professional practitioners. The LLM Civil Litigation and Dispute Resolution offers clinical legal experience and an embedded professional qualification (Graduate Member of CILEx), offering you the opportunity to start work as a qualified legal professional without further study on graduation.
Graduate Members of CILEx are entitled to become Fellows of CILEx after 3 years of legal practice. Fellows of CILEx are fully qualified legal professionals with the same professional privileges and responsibilities as Solicitors, but who are qualified to work within one specified legal practice area only. In the modern profession, most Solicitors are also specialists concentrating on one legal practice area only. The cost of the LLM is considerably less than the Bar Professional Training Course or the Legal Practice Course. Qualification with CILEx does not require a Pupillage or Training Contract, just the three years qualifying legal employment.
We are the University of the Year for Graduate Employment - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018.
At LSBU, we want to set you up for a successful career. During your studies – and for two years after you graduate – you’ll have access to our Employability Service, which includes:
- An online board where you can see a wide range of placements: part-time, full-time or voluntary. You can also drop in to see our Job Shop advisers, who are always available to help you take the next step in your search.
- Our Careers Gym offering group workshops on CVs, interview techniques and finding work experience, as well as regular presentations from employers across a range of sectors.
Our Student Enterprise team can also help you start your own business and develop valuable entrepreneurial skills.
All students will work in the LSBU Legal Advice Clinic giving supervised legal advice to local clients at the clinic's weekly drop-in sessions. Students taking the Advocacy (Clinical) module will also take part in clinical activities based in the local courts.
The clinic was recently highly commended for "Best Contribution by a Law School" in the prestigious LawWorks and Attorney General's Student Pro Bono Awards.
Teaching and learning
All modules are supported by weekly online learning activities, resources and practical work, particularly in the Legal Advice Clinic, is supported by one to one feedback and support from experienced legal practitioners.
- 2:2 Honours degree in Law or related subject (such as Sociology, Criminology and Forensic Science) or a Bachelor degree equivalent to UK Second Class Honours Lower Division; or
- Graduate Diploma in Law; or
- (Post)Graduate Diploma in Legal Studies and Continuing Professional Education.
- We welcome qualifications from around the world. English language qualifications for international students: IELTS score of 6.5, Cambridge Proficiency or Advanced Grade C.
To be eligible for the CILEx qualification:
- You must hold either a UK qualifying law degree or a UK Graduate Diploma in Law.
All modules are subject to change by the university and may differ from the modules you are offered during your studies.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 8, 2018