LLM International Law and the Law of International Organizations
Increasing globalization and regional integration creates the need for good knowledge of international commercial law. This knowledge is especially important if you wish to enter a career in the field of international private law and when you are planning of becoming a lawyer working in internationally operating private firms or law firms. The one year LLM programme in International Commercial Law covers specialization in (international) commercial law, especially with regard to contracts and subjects of contracts, as well as the solving of (commercial) disputes when needed.
This LLM programme covers:
- Specialization in (international) commercial law, especially with regard to contracts and subjects of contracts
- Including the solving of (commercial) disputes when needed.
By creating a profound understanding of common law and civil law approaches to contracts and relevant international treaties, the International Commercial Law programme ensures that graduates should be able to navigate smoothly through international work environments after graduation. The programme more specifically provides its graduates with excellent opportunities to pursue various careers, for example:
- A legal career within internationally operating law firms.
- A commercial or legal career in internationally operating companies in trade, industry or services.
- Starting an academic career by writing a PhD.
- Government positions in the field of trade and economics that require understanding of commercial law.
Admission requirements - International students
- grade average: GPA of 2.75/4, 3.5/5, 7/10, 70/100.
- knowledge minimum: basic knowledge of private law and elementary knowledge of European Law and public international law
- language test: if you are not a native speaker of English, you will need to provide proof of English language proficiency: TOEFL: 92 / IELTS: 6.5 / CAE or CPE
- previous education: LL.B. or equivalent.
- other admission requirements: Letter of motivation; two academic references; curriculum vitae.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 16, 2017