The supply of energy is vital to global economic prosperity. Our LLM in Oil, Gas and Renewable Energy will give you an in-depth understanding of its complex legal and commercial aspects, to open up a range of exciting career opportunities.
Learning from experts with high level academic and practical experience, you will gain an in-depth understanding of the law concerning the oil and gas industry and new sources of energy, especially renewables.
Why Oil, Gas and Renewable Energy Law at Swansea?
As a postgraduate student at the Hillary Rodham Clinton School of Law, you will be part of a globally recognised law school, with a thriving academic environment committed to excellence in teaching and research, and offering an exceptional student experience.
You will be exempted from the level 2 requirements of CIArb membership, so you can apply for the level of Member of the Institute (MCIArb), on successful completion of the International Commercial Arbitration module.
Swansea University is ranked 26th in the UK for research quality and 22nd for research impact (REF 2014).
Your Oil, Gas and Renewable Energy Law Experience
On this LLM degree, you will gain the knowledge and experience to develop into a 21st-century lawyer or legal service practitioner with specialist and in-depth understanding of oil, gas and renewable energy law.
Our postgraduate law degrees give you the opportunity to learn from academics who are industry experts, with a wealth of academic and practical experience.
You will also learn through:
- Guest lectures to give you insight into practice in the field
- Mooting competitions
- Summer schools abroad
Oil, Gas and Renewable Energy Law Employment Opportunities
Graduates of the LLM in Oil, Gas and Renewable Energy Law are well-positioned for stimulating and rewarding career opportunities.
Improving your employability is a key priority for us, and we organise a range of events to help, including the annual LLM careers fair, which gives you the opportunity to meet local and international law firms, as well as networking events and visits to leading practices in the City of London.
- The entry requirement for this LLM in Oil, Gas and Renewable Energy Law is a 2:2 honours degree, ideally in a cognate discipline. Candidates with relevant experience are also encouraged to apply. We welcome applications from students from around the world and require evidence of the previous study that is equivalent to the entry requirements.
- If English is not your first language you will need an acceptable pass in an approved English Language qualification such as the IELTS test (with an overall score of at least 6.5 and a minimum of 6.0 in each component).
- Free English language classes are available which are designed to assist you in improving your critical legal thinking and writing.
Careers and Employability
Careers and Employability Swansea Employability Academy (SEA) will support you at each stage of your career journey helping you build a bright future.
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs.
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers.
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities.
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics.
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
Employability at the School of Law
The School of Law takes a proactive approach to enhance graduate employability, with a dedicated Employability and Placements Officer. The School offers a range of local, national and international work placements, professional courses, advice and support to help you develop the skills required to achieve your ambitions.
Enhancing our students’ employability is a key priority. In order to do this, we organise a number of initiatives for LLM students including the Annual LLM Careers Fair, which gives students the opportunity to meet representatives from local and international law firms, networking events, and visits to leading practices within the City of London.
About the School
Swansea University is a research-led university that has been making a difference since 1920. The University community thrives on exploration and discovery, and offers the right balance of excellent t ... Read More