Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Public Law
In today’s world, where there is a growing need to adopt legal approaches to cope with local as well as global issues, resolving legal controversies require a multi-dimensional perspective based on a conception of different legal disciplines; hence, the lawyer profile who is able to add to the development of society, economy, politics and the legal profession has been changing.
With this respect, Koç University Institute of Social Sciences targets to contribute to the molding of this new lawyer profile, with an understanding based on reliable academic research, as well as practicing experience.
The program with thesis is composed of 3 core courses followed by 4 elective courses and is concluded with a thesis. The non-thesis program is composed of 10 courses and a final paper.
- Worldwide reputed professors (and lecturers), who are distinguished as to their publications, research and practice of the legal profession.
- Up-to-date courses structured on well-established and absorbed legal knowledge.
- Research and learning of different legal disciplines based on multi-dimensional perspectives.
- An atmosphere stimulating academic and vocational progress, whereby legal issues comprising comparative and international aspects are thoroughly examined.
- An integrated program of workshops, seminars and other activities parallel to the curriculum.
- Various options devoted to candidates with the high competence of scientific research and to those who would like to differentiate from others in the legal profession.
- Regular and effective academic consultancy.
- Advanced research opportunities with regard to academic publications and instructions, in particular, provided by Suna Kıraç Library.
- The privilege of being the part of a qualified group of graduate students, elected through adopting effective scaling and evaluation criteria.
- Academic collaboration with the leading law schools abroad.
- Koç University Law School is a member of the European Law Faculties Association (ELFA) and the Law Schools Global League.
- TOEFL (minimum scores for acceptance are 550 paper-based; 213 computer based; 80 IBT),
- A minimum 2.75 GPA is recommended.
- Those who are not Law School graduates are also admitted to the LL.M Programs. However, at the end of the program, they receive MA degree instead of LL.M.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 17, 2018