The International Hellenic University is Greece’s first state university, where programmes are taught exclusively in English.
It already attracts a strong international academic faculty and outstanding students from Southeast and other European and Black Sea countries.
As a State University, all degrees awarded are accredited by the Government and are recognized in the European Union and internationally.
The LL.M. programme emphasizes on learning how cross-border business activities, companies, and financial markets are regulated and how alternative dispute resolution is conducted. It is designed to offer students a thorough understanding of theory and practice in three functionally interdependent areas of law: Transnational Commercial Law, European Economic Law and Alternative Dispute Resolution (arbitration and mediation).
The Core Modules
- European Economic Law 1 & 2
- Transnational Commercial Law 1&2
- International Commercial Arbitration 1&2
- Recognition and Enforcement of international arbitral awards
- Energy Charter Treaty
The Εlective Modules
- Legal Aspects of International Finance
- Economic Analysis of Law
- International and EU Tax Law
- European Labor & Employment Law
- Intellectual Property Law – Innovation, Technology and Patent Law
- International Insolvency Law: Principles and Policy
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- European & International Competition Law/Antitrust Law
- Internet Law and E−Business
- Banking Legal Environment
- Financial Crime
- European Procedural Law
- Legal aspects of Risk Management
- EU Consumer Law
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Recent Legal Developments in Transnational and European Commercial Law and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Consulting Project
Applying for the LLM in Transnational and European Commercial Law, Mediation, Arbitration, and Energy Law
To be considered for the LLM in Transnational and European Commercial Law, Mediation, Arbitration, and Energy Law at the IHU, candidates are required to have:
- a good university degree in a relevant subject from a recognized University
- proof of English competence (Proficiency or recently acquired IELTS or TOEFL)
- two academic references
A personal interview may be required.
Applications are open until all the available places are filled. Therefore you should apply as early as possible to ensure place availability. The courses start every October.
For more information please use the following contact details:
School of Economics, Business Administration, and Legal Studies
T: +30 2310 807 529
F: +30 2310 474 520
Program taught in: