Official Degree: Law Degree
Duration / ECTS: 4 years / 240 ECTS
Places / Campus: 60 / Moncada - Alfara; 25 / Elche
Taught in: Spanish
- Have an integral vision of the human being in its immanent and transcendent dimension. The achievement of this competence implies having an attitude of seeking the truth, from different orders of knowledge, about human nature and personal dignity common to all men and women, with a particular attention to ethical and moral implications, by resorting to the knowledge of the different conceptions of the person throughout history and the social, political and legal consequences of those conceptions.
- Having founded and rigorous criteria about the current society and culture. The achievement of this competence implies acquiring criteria that allow us to understand and value the current society and culture, by studying its historical roots in order to empower the graduate to make critical judgments about the different aspects of social reality and to provide proposals for improvement , all from the prism of the constitutional principles and the Social Doctrine of the Church.
- Being able to express themselves correctly in Spanish. The achievement of this competence implies knowing the resources of the oratory and the written expression of Spanish.
- Being able to cope with ease and efficiency in at least one foreign language. The achievement of this competence implies being able to develop the skills necessary to develop with ease and efficiency, both in writing and orally, in English and, trendically, in another foreign language.
- Being able to understand and synthesize complex propositions, in a critical sense, in the context in which they are presented. The achievement of this competence implies being able to define, distinguish and relate both the basic concepts and the premises on which the exposition of any argument is constructed, as well as to state and base its content in a synthetic and critical way, in the context? scientific, political, social, media or organizational - in which they are presented.
- Being able to apply apprehended knowledge to problem solving. The achievement of this competence implies being able to, from the knowledge acquired, to solve problems - or to issue a judgment on them - be they theoretical, practical, moral or technical; and do it in a reasoned, prudent and effective way.
- Being able to gather and interpret relevant data to develop their own arguments. Achieving this competence implies being able to develop a hypothesis and plan its demonstration; obtain, interpret and select the information necessary for its study; recapitulate the result of the analysis with arguments that explain the process carried out and its results.
- Being able to transmit information, ideas, problems and solutions. The achievement of this competence implies being able to plan a communication process - taking into account the subjective and objective environment in which it is developed - and to carry it out professionally - in the background and in the form - effectively using the different resources communicative.
- Being able to undertake and complete projects autonomously, professionally and qualified. The achievement of this competence implies being able to design a work plan as well as undertaking its completion with constancy and flexibility - getting ahead and overcoming the difficulties that arise in its development and integrating the modifications that its future demands - in a professional and qualified manner.
- Being able to participate in work teams and lead them. The achievement of this competence implies being able to collaborate in work teams, as well as leading them, contributing assertively and respectfully to the delimitation, planning and development of the objectives.
- Being able to negotiate and manage the assumption of agreements. The achievement of this competence implies being able to negotiate, manage and mediate in the assumption of agreements in conflicting environments or conflicting interests from the objective of achieving the most just and convenient solution for all; seeking the understanding and integration of the legitimate positions and rights of each of the parties involved.
Know the historical, dogmatic and philosophical foundations of Law. The achievement of this competence implies being able to identify the dogmatic and exegetical foundations of legal principles, norms and institutions through their historical evolution and the philosophical conceptions that inspire them. Know the social, political, cultural, international and economic fundamentals of Law. The achievement of this competence implies being able to identify and understand the social, political, cultural, international and economic foundations that are in the genesis and configuration of the Law, that condition its development and that make its effective realization possible. Know the whole of the Spanish legal system, its material, formal and knowledge sources, both national and international. The achievement of this competence implies knowing the national and international political institutions that participate in the creation and application of the Spanish legal system; the system of principles and norms that compose it in all its territorial dimensions; the legal relations in which it is translated, and the procedures or processes by which its genesis and application runs. Being able to apply the Spanish legal system. The achievement of this competence implies being able, through the use of knowledge sources, to identify the normative sources applicable to a factual event, in order to provide a solution through the use of the technique of interpretation and application of standards. Being able to understand, evaluate, criticize and discuss legal proposals in context. The achievement of this competence implies being able to interpret and discuss texts, propositions and legal realities in the historical, social, philosophical, normative, political or economic context in which they are framed, legally based on their own opinions. Being able to reason and argue in Law, to present in writing and in public the synthesis of their analysis. The achievement of this competence implies being able to combine legal reasoning correctly using the rhetorical methodology and legal argumentation, both orally and in writing. Acquire a certain capacity for creativity and innovation in the legal order. The achievement of this competence implies being able to write an original normative statement at an elementary level, destined to regulate a certain area of reality - community, commercial society, legal relationship, transaction, etc.? within the framework of a precise or generic legal context. Become aware of the importance of law as a system of management of social relations and the responsibility that this implies in those who are dedicated to it. The achievement of this competence implies being able to understand that the work of the jurist - in the different areas of reality in which it is deployed - has a particular significance in the configuration, content and development of social relations, which entails in whom considerable responsibility is dedicated to it when making its legal decisions. Assume as essential values in the development of the work of the jurist those that take shape in the general principles of Law and in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. The achievement of this competence implies being able to interpret and apply the Law according to the general principles, rights and fundamental duties enshrined in the Spanish Constitution, based on respect for the universal doctrine on human rights and in accordance with a culture of peace and of democratic values. To be able to take notes or notes of the most relevant points of an oral dissertation or presentation, and to build on them, in an orderly manner, the plot thread of said dissertation or exhibition. Being able to build their own study material by using the different resources available (notes, notes, manuals, monographs, databases, etc.) Acquire a study habit based on a personal discipline based on planning, use rational resources, and the administration of time and space. Know how to share your own skills and abilities with others, and ask for the indispensable help to perform tasks that require it (share). The achievement of this competence implies apprehension to work in teams and to exchange knowledge or information necessary to carry out the tasks or solve the problems posed.
It is claimed that the law degree is one of the university degrees that has more professional opportunities. However, its obvious humanistic nature requires a certain vocation when studying it and, without a doubt, the necessary compliance with an Ethical Code when exercising it. That said, the best known possibilities are:
- Free exercise of the profession
- Attorneys or solicitors
- Oppositions: to the body of notaries; property and commercial registrar; magistrate; fiscal; Judicial secretary; to the body of officials of international organizations
- Corps of Justice Administration officials: judge; magistrate; State Attorney; lawyers of the State Administration; lawyers of high advisory bodies; civil administration technician; farm or labor inspector
- Private company
That makes us different?
1. The experience and trajectory.
It has been more than 35 years since they started law studies at CEU. We are backed by several decades of training committed lawyers and legal professionals.
2. Prepared to be the best in the oppositions
In parallel to the law degree, our students can participate in the Opposition Intensification Program, which is done in collaboration with the Notarial College of Valencia, the Deanship of the Courts of Valencia and the Office of the Prosecutor of the Valencian Community, among other entities. Through this program, those who are interested in the world of opposition begin their preparation from the second year.
This is a free and voluntary program that prepares you to face traditional legal oppositions. Two itineraries are offered to choose by the student: one oriented to notaries and records, while the other focuses on judiciary and prosecution. Through this program, the CEU Law students finish their studies in the best conditions to start the final preparation of the oppositions. If you think that oppositions can be your goal, this is your path.
3. The international dimension of Law
- Language: free complementary training in English to improve your level
- Specialization: training to specialize in the international field with the Own Title of Specialist in International Law and European Law. This degree can be taken in parallel to the degree and is aimed at strengthening your ability to work in the international legal field. Its contents combine advanced knowledge of international law with the learning of legal English.
- Internships outside Spain: we offer you opportunities to carry out international internships in European institutions, international organizations and professional offices, some of them honorary consulates of Spain, such as Enrique Sánchez in Liverpool and DWF LLP in Manchester (United Kingdom), Artz
4. Double degrees of the specialist in double degrees
You can take two university courses at the same time with compatible schedules, with all classrooms in the same facilities and, of course, without paying double. These are the double degrees of the University specializing in double degrees:
- Double Degree in Political Science Law
- Double Degree in Business Management Law
- Double Degree in Advertising and Public Relations Law
About the School
Somos una Universidad católica, pionera en el desarrollo de proyectos educativos innovadores. Estamos orientados a ayudar a las personas que aprenden con nosotros a entender la disciplina que estudian ... Read More