Who is the course for?
- People interested in working for law firms or courts
- Professionals interested in pursuing a job in the legal industry
- This course is available to all learners, from all academic backgrounds.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam, you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hardcopy at the cost of £39 or in PDF format at the cost of £24.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognized accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of applying for NUS Extra Discount Card;
- 24/7 student support via email.
Legal Secretary Diploma course is a useful qualification to possess and would be beneficial for any related profession or industry such as:
- Legal Secretary
- Law firm assistant
- Personal Assistant to Lawyers
- Assistant to Judges
- Introduction to Legal Secretary
- Role of Legal Secretaries
- General Duties and Day-to-Day Operations of a Legal Secretary
- Record Keeping
- Legal Writing Skills & Proofreading
- Research Skills You Need to Know
- Transcription, Editing & Correspondence to Judges
- Legal System of UK
- UK Court System
Meeting Management & Minute Taking
- Meeting Management
- The Role of a Minute-Taker
- The Skills of a Minute-Taker
- Meeting Agreements
- Minute Styles
- What Do I Record?
- Techniques for Preparing Minutes
- Taking Minutes in an Interactive Meeting
- The Minute Book
- What to include/what to ignore
- Motions and Resolutions
- Method of recording minutes
- Reasons for Meeting
- What is a decision?
- Minute Taking tips
Other Secretarial Roles and Responsibilities
- Working with Your Manager
- Administrative Soft Skills
- Effective Time Management
- Tools of the Trade
- Being an Effective Gatekeeper
- Organizational Skills
- Confidentiality Guidelines
- Special Tasks
Customer Service Role
- Introduction To Customer Service
- The Power of Positive Thinking in Customer Service
- Types of Difficult Customers and How to Help Them
- How to Deal with Difficult Customers
- Aspects of Phone Etiquette
- Using Proper Phone Language
- Eliminate Phone Distractions
- Inbound Calls
- Outbound Calls
- Handling Rude or Angry Callers
- Handling Interoffice Calls
- Methods of Training Employees
- Correcting Poor Telephone Etiquette
Organizing Work Using MS Word
- Working with the Interface
- Your First Document
- Basic Editing Tasks
- Basic Formatting Tasks
- Formatting Paragraphs
- Advanced Formatting Tasks
- Working with Styles
- Formatting the Page
- Sharing Your Document
- Introduction to Proofreading
- What does a Proofreader do?
- Proofreading Symbols
- Proofreading on Paper & Screen
- Strategies to Check for Specific Errors
- Editing & Proofreading Strategies
- Proofreading an Essay
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 8, 2018