Souters has provided legal training, in London, continuously since 1988. This Diploma was prepared by our legal professional teaching staff, using their considerable experience in legal training and through consultation with leading London legal firms. The result is that we have established a course that is completely up to date and has met the needs of a modern law firm, through specifically targeting the skills that are needed in the modern Legal Secretarial job market.
Legal Secretary Diploma Objective
- To gain a broad range of legal secretarial skills, in order to ensure a high level of job readiness, on successful completion.
- To provide the necessary MS Office and typing/audio skills in combination with more specific skills of a legal secretary.
- To provide in a classroom format a course, which gives a good understanding of the fundamental legal system and the role of a Legal Secretary within a Legal practice in the modern commercial environment.
Legal Secretary Diploma Format
The Diploma training allows a period of three months to complete. There is a Legal Secretarial Course which is taken in-house. It is led by a legal professional, usually a Barrister. This will address theory and practical exercises in Law and explain the structure and operation of Legal Firms. The course is available full-time over one week intensively or part-time over five weeks. The remaining MS Office Word, Outlook training, and typing/audio courses can be undertaken on a flexible learning basis. The latter can be done in-house during office hours (with a tutor available for guidance) or within the comfort of the home (at any time). You will have 3 months to complete the non-classroom parts of the Diploma.
Legal Secretary Diploma Content
- The Legal Secretary Course CPD accredited
- MS Office Word 2010/2013/2016. If you are already proficient we can provide you with Microsoft Certification of these skills, which is internationally recognized.
- MS Office Outlook 2010/2013.
- Touch Typing Training. Again we can certify your speed if it is already competent.
- Audio Typing Training
Legal Secretary Course is 1 week, full-time.
This course is suitable for those who are looking to gain their first job in the Legal Industry and can be useful for those working within a law firm who need to update their skills or gain a promotion to a Legal PA or Secretary.
Good general level of education with good written and spoken English. Quality general secretarial background or Secretary/PA training is needed before starting this course.
Benefits of the CPD Accredited Legal Secretary Diploma
- The course has been designed by legal professionals, who worked with Law Firms to create an up-to-date course.
- The course is taught by an experienced teacher and legal professional who will teach both theory and practical exercises.
- Having good Microsoft Office Skills is essential to a good Legal Secretary; this course provides excellent and reputable training/certification in the two programmes that are key to Legal Secretarial Work.
- This course also includes typing skills training, which again is a fundamental skill.
Well-recognised Legal Secretarial/PA Diploma on successful completion. Microsoft Certification of Word and Outlook.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 20, 2018