Check out this brand new Master of Science, that the IMO International Maritime Law Institute (IMLI) in Malta will start again in October 2017 in cooperation with Kühne Logistics University (KLU) in Hamburg!
This degree will qualify you to master groundbreaking logistics challenges and legal issues. Learn to navigate through the new laws that govern the sea and maritime operations. They are designed to protect the environment and maintain human rights in the societies and communities involved. Acquire experience in analyzing the legal issues that arise at sea and along the world’s coastlines. Find out how to organize logistics operations based on your knowledge of the legal issues. You will have the skill set necessary for assessing the financial implications of legal decisions in logistics. And you will experience how this fast-paced field has become a building block of modern society.
Program Content / Services
This prestigious English language program is divided in two parts: international maritime law courses taught primarily at IMLI, and logistics and leadership courses taught primarily at KLU. In this regard, students will spend the first academic year studying in Malta and the second in Hamburg. The first summer includes a dissertation project, the second a thesis. The curriculum also contains integrative material linking the legal and logistics aspects of the subjects and faculty of the two Institutions.
Here is an overview of the program:
- Learn to deal with the challenges of moving goods and people by sea including in situations of humanitarian relief.
- Learn about custom procedures, port organization and operations, international treaties and their effect on operations at sea.
- Help organize shipping routes, taking the legal implications of human rights laws into consideration and have the answer when cargo is damaged or lost.
Enjoy the services of an international centre, specialized in maritime law and a private university with focus on logistics: instruction in small groups, a favorable student-faculty ratio and an easy access to important contacts.
With this master program the Institutions are responding to the call of governments and representatives of industry around the world who need persons educated in international legal matters pertaining to the sea but also need to understand the complex industrial use of the sea for services and for the transportation of goods.
- a Bachelor‘s degree in Business, Economics or Law or a relevant field from a recognized university
- proof of command on the English language
- strong academic record
Please check www.imllog.org for details about the admission process or send an email to email@example.com.
Deadline for application for the program starting in October 2017 is June 30, 2017.
We strongly recommend that applicants from non-EU countries apply by March 31 as the visa process takes up to two months.
- Fresh graduates in law, logistics or neighboring disciplines with the interest in a career in a new emerging area and planning to pursue their education abroad at two prestigious Institutions,
- governmental officers or
- executives/young professionals.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 19, 2018