The NSU Institute of Philosophy and Law invites international applicants to enter the Master’s Program in English "International and Russian Business Law" (LLM Program). The basic aim of the LLM Program "International and Russian Business Law" is to train highly qualified lawyers who are ready to work effectively for the needs of businesses, law firms, NGO and governmental structures and who are able to make and implement the rules of international and Russian business law as well as research legal issues of doing business in Russia and globally.
Field of study:
40.04.01 Legal studies
The Program is for specialist and bachelor degree holders. Graduates are given the master's degree in law (LL.M. degree).
Study period is 2 years.
- Department of study: Department of Business Law, Civil and Arbitral Proceedings.
- Head of the Program: Valeriy Nikolaevich Lisitsa, Doctor of Juridical Sciences, Associate Professor of Law, Head of the Department of Business Law, Civil and Arbitral Proceedings.
Education is provided on state or contract basis.
Features of the Program:
- enables students to get a qualification needed for conducting legal activity and using English in legal profession;
- aims at in-depth study of contemporary issues of business law;
- includes mastering legal terminology in English;
- is conducted with the involvement of notable theorists and practitioners of Novosibirsk and other Russian cities.
How to apply:
To apply for the Program foreign students and graduates of Russian higher education institutions are to send the following documents:
- Educational diploma (certificate or some analogous document) on program of level of a bachelor degree or of a specialist qualification, preferably in law. In case of another specialization an applicant may be required to pass the law test provided by the admission committee;
- TOEFL certificate (upper intermediate or advanced level) or other international certificates (IELTS, BEC, CAE etc.) of the similar level. Instead of it, an applicant may pass an English test at the NSU till July, 20. Certificate is required in case an applicant higher education was not English-taught;
- Curriculum Vitae of the applicant;
- Letter of Motivation (1-2 pages) on entrance to the LLM Program.
Till July, 20 the exam on level of English language for those entrants who have not got TOEFL certificate (or other type of international certificate) is carried out. Till August, 5 enrollment for the LLM Program takes place.
Tuition fee and scholarships:
The cost for full-time studies for the LLM Program «International and Russian Business Law» at the NSU in 2017-2018 is $ 5 200 per year.
We are seeking candidates for the Russian Government Scholarship Program , which covers 2-year tuition fee and provides monthly stipend. Application deadline: 15, June.
Studying for the Program includes:
- General scientific curriculum subjects (Legal Theory, Philosophy of Law, Russian/English as a Foreign Language, History of Political and Legal Doctrines, Public Speaking, Research Academic Writing, History and Methodology of Jurisprudence);
- Professional curriculum subjects (Contemporary Issues of Business Law, Corporate Law, Competition Law, Investment Law, Business Contracts, Comparative Law, Labour Law, International Business Law, Intellectual Property Law, Tax Law, Business Dispute Settlement);
- Practice (Research Work, Research Practice, Legal Consulting, Pre-graduation Practice).
To complete the LLM Program "International and Russian Business Law" a student does a research under the supervision of a faculty member and writes a master's graduation thesis reporting its results. Such a project can be in any of the areas covered by the Program, including any legal aspects of doing business in Russia and throughout the world. The topic is to be approved by the faculty committee. Graduation thesis should contain an overview of literature on the topic to be researched and a research part with the student's own research results.
Forms of study:
- work by guidance of a scientific advisor;
- possibilities for participation in student conferences and competitions.
Opportunities for students:
Those who study for the LLM Program take part in international moot court competitions. In 2016 a group of students of the Department of Business Law, Civil and Arbitral Proceedings participated in M.G. Rozenberg International Commercial Arbitration Moot. Students were highly appraised by jurors and reached the semi-final of the competition.
Students of the Program actively do research work, including work for the grant of the RF President, and publish articles on contemporary issues of business law.
The LLM Program's participants are invited to participate in Summer schools at leading European universities under partner agreements between the Novosibirsk State University and these universities.
Graduates of the LLM Program "International and Russian Business Law" appear to be demanded in both Russian and international labor markets.
Career opportunities of graduates of the LLM Program includes:
- work in international organizations, state administration bodies, law enforcement agencies, courts and advocacy;
- conduct legal activity as an in-house or specialized practicing lawyer;
- do scientific-research and pedagogical work in higher education institutions in Russia and abroad.
Most graduates of the NSU Department of Philosophy and Law succeed in business companies, law firms and governments, including judges, arbitrators, prosecutors, state and municipal officials. Some of them have become a part of Russian scientific elite honorably representing the national science abroad.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 16, 2017