The program aims to prepare highly qualified professionals with a wide range of multidisciplinary competencies in law and technologies.
The legal domain is affected by IoE (Internet of Everything), so it is vital for a lawyer to understand the technology domain. This program aims to cover such technologies (but not limited to): artificial intelligence, big data analytics, reuse of open data, block-chain, crowdsourcing, semantic and other newest disruptive technologies, also gamification.
The subjects of the program are focused on GDPR, IP, Cybersecurity, Cybercrime and Forensics, Fintech, Regtech, AI&Law, Semantic Legal Web, Robotics and others.
The studies will be different from other programs, because students will participate in hackathons, meetups, workshops, international and regional competitions, and they will have a unique opportunity to create their own legaltech startup ant MRU Legaltech startup zone. Participation in the program is flexible because all material will be provided on-line. Of course, we highly recommend to book all your time for this fantastic adventure, to gain as much as possible benefits from the program.
Nevertheless, the studies will be gamified, so you will become one of the first students, who will learn how gamification could be used in different areas and domains.
The program is designed based on market needs:
- Lawyers need new technological and business competencies;
- Technology developments affect the legal service market;
- Emerging legaltech start-ups require specially trained lawyers.
International Mobility Possibilities
Students are encouraged to participate in the ERASMUS+ mobility program which gives the possibility to study at a university abroad for 1 or 2 semesters and do an internship in another country.
The academic qualifications allow for working as a researcher (access to the third-cycle studies), as well as a psychologist in various businesses, non-government organizations and governmental institutions. In particular, the graduates will be able to apply the achieved knowledge and skills in human resources management, to apply psychological techniques to the world of business in order to increase the effectiveness of particular companies.
Applicants must have a bachelor's degree in law for admission to the university.
English language proficiency - the level not lower than B2 (following the Common Framework of Reference for Language approved by the Council of Europe). Distant English language level test is organized for those, who do not possess IELTS or TOEFL certificates.
Application Procedure and Required Documents
Follow 4 steps:
- Fill out the online application form at apply.mruni.eu
- Upload the required documents.
- Secure your registration by paying the application fee.
- Submit your application.
- Educational documents:
- For Bachelor degree-seeking students: Certified true copies of secondary education diploma or high education diploma with the transcript of academic records. Documents must be officially translated into the Lithuanian or the English language.
- Note: Additional educational documents (such as the results of state examinations or pre-University education) might be required according to the applicant's country of residence.
- For Masters degree-seeking students: Certified true copies of university transcript and diploma (a candidate must have a University Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent first university degree with a minimum 3-year study duration). Documents must be officially translated into the Lithuanian or the English language.
- Document proving the results of English language proficiency.
- For Bachelor degree-seeking students: at least level B1; assessments of English language proficiency certificates equivalent to level B1: TOEFL Paper 477-510, TOEFL IBT 53-64, IELTS 4.5-5.0, PTE level.
- For Master degree-seeking students: at least level B2, assessments of English language proficiency certificates equivalent to level B2: TOEFL Paper 513-547, TOEFL IBT 65-78, IELTS 5.5-6.0.
- Note: in case you do not have IELTS or TOEFL, there is a possibility to take the online English language level test organized by the University. You should choose this option when filling the application. There is no additional fee for this test.
- Passport copy.
- Passport type photo.
About the School
Located just 20 minutes from the center of Vilnius, Mykolas Romeris University (MRU) is one of largest and most international universities in Lithuania, currently having around 7,000 students from 58 ... Read More