This program has been taught for more than ten years. It has grown together with its staff, mostly composed of young professors and high-ranking professionals. The program’s delivery includes modern teaching methods such as moot courts, role-playing, case studies, individual and collective tasks, group work, etc. Students are encouraged to participate actively in the study process. They are provided with materials through the Moodle system.
Upon Mediation LLM graduation our students will:
- Gain extensive and systematic knowledge about different ways of resolving disputes, their peculiarities, applicability, pros, and cons;
- Be able to advise the parties to the dispute on the most appropriate way to resolve a particular dispute;
- Have the necessary knowledge and practical skills to carry out the mediation procedure professionally and/or to properly represent their clients in mediation.
Having graduated from the Mediation LLM, individuals can work as dispute settlement specialists, representatives (counsel) to the parties to the dispute, negotiators, mediators or conciliators in the future. It is likely that a large part of LL.M. graduates will be interested in providing mediation services, the other - using their acquired competencies in mediation assisting the parties involved in the dispute as consultants, others - will become professional dispute resolution specialists capable of identifying the most appropriate way of solving the problem according to the characteristics of the particular dispute and its parties.
MRU offers a package of Scholarships offered to international prospective and current full degree seeking students. All the possibilities are listed here.
- Applicants must have a bachelor's degree in law for admission to the university.
- English language proficiency - the level not lower than B2 (following the Common Framework of Reference for Language approved by the Council of Europe). Distant English language level test is organized for those, who do not possess IELTS or TOEFL certificates.
Application Procedure and Required Documents
Follow 4 steps:
- Fill out the online application form at apply.mruni.eu
- Upload the required documents.
- Secure your registration by paying the application fee.
- Submit your application.
- Educational documents:
- For Bachelor degree-seeking students: Certified true copies of secondary education diploma or high education diploma with the transcript of academic records. Documents must be officially translated into the Lithuanian or the English language.
- Note: Additional educational documents (such as the results of state examinations or pre-University education) might be required according to the applicant's country of residence.
- For Masters degree-seeking students: Certified true copies of university transcript and diploma (a candidate must have a University Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent first university degree with a minimum 3-year study duration). Documents must be officially translated into the Lithuanian or the English language.
- Document proving the results of English language proficiency.
- For Bachelor degree-seeking students: at least level B1; assessments of English language proficiency certificates equivalent to level B1: TOEFL Paper 477-510, TOEFL IBT 53-64, IELTS 4.5-5.0, PTE level.
- For Master degree-seeking students: at least level B2, assessments of English language proficiency certificates equivalent to level B2: TOEFL Paper 513-547, TOEFL IBT 65-78, IELTS 5.5-6.0.
- Note: in case you do not have IELTS or TOEFL, there is a possibility to take the online English language level test organized by the University. You should choose this option when filling the application. There is no additional fee for this test.
- Passport copy.
- Passport type photo.
Our Student Experiences
About the School
Located just 20 minutes from the center of Vilnius, Mykolas Romeris University (MRU) is one of largest and most international universities in Lithuania, currently having around 7,000 students from 58 ... Read More