KU Leuven's Master of Laws (LLM) has a marked international dimension with European law being an important focus, either in the public law sphere or in the business law sphere. This is hardly surprising given KU Leuven's close proximity to the central EU institutions in Brussels. The program taps into the knowledge and expertise of a large network of legal professionals who have close links to the European institutions.
The program includes a visit to Luxemburg where the students attend a hearing at the Court of Justice of the European Union in Luxembourg in the first semester and a visit to the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg in the second semester. The LL.M. students will also have the opportunity to engage in a discussion over current issues in international affairs with the staff members of the Council of Europe and the European Parliament in Strasbourg.
The student can select an area of specialisation of his/her choice:
- International and European Business Law
- International and European Public Law
However it is possible to select additional courses from the alternative specialization option of your choice as elective courses. Each specialisation includes eight clinics led by prominent legal and business practitioners.
- Strong academic tradition, leading position in legal research and courses taught by top specialists
- Visit to European and international institutions
- Close links with legal practice and EU institutions and only 15 minutes from Brussels
Please consult our website for recent information on this program.