Improve your career prospects by gaining a Masters in Environmental Law & Practice while remaining in full-time employment
This unique programme will enable you to:
- Analyse, interpret and apply the laws regulating the environment.
- Gain a competitive advantage in difficult market conditions - increase your skills at this crucial time.
- Achieve a recognised UK university qualification while combining full-time employment with study.
- Learn from key industry practitioners and academics and benefit directly from their insight and invaluable commentary.
- Apply your learning and new skills to your work immediately and help further your career.
- Tailor the programme to your needs by studying your own unique combination of modules from this and other De Montfort LLM programmes.
- Study at a faster pace – follow the 'accelerated route' and complete the LLM in 15 months.
- Achieve the level you choose – postgraduate certificate and diploma levels also available.
The course commences with an induction weekend in Leicester which takes place on 11th-12th September 2020, and the Core Module, (worth 30 credits) is then studied from September 2020 through to the end of December 2020 and is assessed by written coursework.
From January to December 2021, students choose two 30 credit modules or one 30 and two 15 credit modules (giving a total of 90 credits for the first year of study).
In the second year, January to December 2022, students take either one 30 credit module or two 15 credit modules and write a 15,000 word dissertation on a topic of their choice on a legal issue within the context of environmental law.
Students will all study the Core Module and will then specialise by choosing from the optional modules listed below.
- Environment, Legal Control and EU Regulations
- Atmospheric Pollution
- Health and Safety Law
- Biodiversity and Nature Conservation Law
- Water Pollution Law
- Planning Law
- Environmental Assessments
- Environmental Permitting and Climate Change Regulation
- International Environmental Law
- Noise Pollution Law
- Light Pollution
- Environmental Crime
- Negotiated Study Module
- Waste Management Law
- Brownfield and Contaminated Land Law
And you can tailor the course to fit your specific job role and industry by selecting modules from other LLM programmes as well.
Flexible Study Options
The Environmental Law and Practice course forms part of a wider LLM programme at Leicester De Montfort Law School and for added flexibility, in addition to the Environmental Law modules available, students may choose to study modules from the other LLM pathways:
- Sports Law
- Employment Law and Practice
- Business Law/International Business Law
- Food Law
- Medical Law and Ethics
- International Human Rights Law
Available modules from other courses include:
Collective Labour Law; Alternative Dispute Resolution; People Management within Organisations; Equal Opportunities in the Workplace; Event Management; Public Procurement Law and Practice; Expert Evidence; International Law; Aspects of Discrimination in Business; Civil Liberties in the Workplace; Individual Labour Law; Food Consumer Protection Law; Food Marketing Law; Food Safety Law; Food Sources Protection Law.
To gain an award in Environmental Law, the Core Module plus one full 30 credit module from the Environmental Law modules must be studied, and the dissertation must also fall within the scope of Environmental Law. Thereafter there is freedom of choice across all pathways.
About the School
We are born out of Informa’s rich history in enhancing individuals and businesses with knowledge. Our learning solutions equip professionals with the capabilities and network they need to progress and ... Read More