Improve your career prospects by gaining a Masters in International Law while remaining in full-time employment
One of these unique programmes will enable you to:
- Gain a competitive advantage in difficult market conditions - increase your skills at this crucial time.
- Achieve a recognised UK university qualification while combining full-time employment with the study.
- Learn from key industry practitioners and academics and benefit directly from their insight and invaluable commentary.
- Apply your learning and new skills to your work immediately and help further your career.
- Tailor the programme to your needs by studying your own unique combination of modules from this and other De Montfort LLM programmes.
- Study at a faster pace – follow the 'accelerated route' and complete the LLM in 15 months.
- Achieve the level you choose – postgraduate certificate and diploma levels also available.
The course commences with an induction weekend in Leicester which takes place on 13th-15th September 2019, and the Core Module, (worth 30 credits) is then studied from September 2019 through to the end of December 2019 and is assessed by written coursework.
From January to December 2020, students choose two 30 credit modules or one 30 and two 15 credit modules (giving a total of 90 credits for the first year of study).
In the second year, January to December 2020, students take either one 30 credit module or two 15 credit modules and write a 15,000 word dissertation on a topic of their choice on a legal issue.
Students will all study the Core Module and will then specialise by choosing from the optional modules listed below.
- International Humanitarian Law
- International Law
- The Protection of Refugees in International Law
- European E-Commerce Law
- International Environmental Law
- European Convention on Human Rights
- Law of International Trade
- EU Competition Law
- Private International Law
And you can tailor the course to fit your specific job role and industry by selecting a more specialised pathway.
Flexible Study Options
The LLM Law and LLM International Law courses form part of a wider LLM programme at Leicester De Montfort Law School. If you wish to study a more specialised pathway, you may choose to study one of the following LLMs instead:
- LLM International Human Rights Law
- LLM Medical Law and Ethics
- LLM Sports Law and Practice
- LLM Business / International Business Law
- LLM Environmental Law and Practice
- LLM Food Law
- LLM Employment Law and Practice
Program taught in: