Improve your career prospects by gaining a tailored Masters in LLM Law while remaining in full-time employment
One of these unique programmes will enable you to:
- Gain a competitive advantage in difficult market conditions - increase your skills at this crucial time.
- Achieve a recognised UK university qualification while combining full-time employment with study.
- Learn from key industry practitioners and academics and benefit directly from their insight and invaluable commentary.
- Apply your learning and new skills to your work immediately and help further your career.
- Tailor the programme to your needs by studying your own unique combination of modules from this and other De Montfort LLM programmes.
- Study at a faster pace – follow the 'accelerated route' and complete the LLM in 15 months.
- Achieve the level you choose – postgraduate certificate and diploma levels also available.
The course commences with an induction weekend in Leicester which takes place on 11th-12th September 2020, and the Core Module, (worth 30 credits) is then studied from September 2020 through to the end of December 2020 and is assessed by written coursework.
From January to December 2021, students choose two 30 credit modules or one 30 and two 15 credit modules (giving a total of 90 credits for the first year of study).
In the second year, January to December 2022, students take either one 30 credit module or two 15 credit modules and write a 15,000 word dissertation on a topic of their choice on a legal issue.
Students will all study the Core Module and will then specialise by choosing from the optional modules listed below.
- International Law
- Business Law in the UK and EU
- Employment Law and Context in the UK and EU
- Introduction to Healthcare and Ethics
- International Human Rights Law
- Foundation of Sports Law and The Sports Regime
- Environment, Legal Control and EU Regulation
- Food Law in the UK and EU
- Sale and Supply of Goods
- Personal Insolvency Law
- Aspects of Discrimination in Business
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Law of Environmental Crime
- Atmospheric Pollution Law
- Social Justice and Human Rights
- International Humanitarian Law
- Gender and Sexuality in International Law
- Coroners Law
- Consent and Incapacitated Patients
- Patient Safety, Quality and Professional Regulation in Healthcare Law
- Dental Law, Practice and Ethics
- Sports Governance
- Event Management
The 30 credit modules can be studied in January 2021 and cost £1,700 each:
- Consumer Law
- Company Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Law of Health and Safety
- Individual Employment Law
- Equal Opportunities in the Workplace
- People Management within Organisations
- Planning Law
- Environmental Assessments
- Biodiversity Impact and Nature Conservation Law
- Waste Management Law
- Water Pollution Law
- Environmental Permitting and Climate Change Regulation
- Food Consumer Protection Law
- Food Marketing Law
- Food Safety Law
- EU Competition Law
- Law of International Trade
- Private International Law
- International Child Law
- Freedom of Religion and the Rights of Minorities in International Law
- Expert Evidence
- Issues Relating to the Termination of Life
- Issues Relating to the Creation and Saving of Life
- Mental Health Law
- Sports Rights and Commercial Dispute Resolution
- Sport and Ethics (Advanced)
- Sport, Broadcasting and New Media
The following 15 credit modules can be studied in January 2021 and cost £850 each:
- Corporate Insolvency Law
- European E-Commerce
- Financial Transaction Law
- Collective Labour Law
- Civil Liberties in the Workplace
- Noise Pollution Law
- Light Pollution Law
- International Environmental Law
- Food Sources Protection Law
- The European Convention on Human Rights
- International Law
- Protection of Refugees in International Law
- Medical Negligence
- Medical Research Law
- Philosophy of Health Care
- Public Procurement Law
- Representing the Athlete/Player
- The Sports Participant and the Courts
- Integrity in International Sport
And you can tailor the course to fit your specific job role and industry by selecting a more specialised pathway.
Flexible Study Options
The LLM Law and LLM International Law courses form part of a wider LLM programme at Leicester De Montfort Law School. If you wish to study a more specialised pathway, you may choose to study one of the following LLMs instead:
- LLM International Human Rights Law
- LLM Medical Law and Ethics
- LLM Sports Law and Practice
- LLM Business / International Business Law
- LLM Environmental Law and Practice
- LLM Food Law
- LLM Employment Law and Practice
About the School
We are born out of Informa’s rich history in enhancing individuals and businesses with knowledge. Our learning solutions equip professionals with the capabilities and network they need to progress and ... Read More