Arm yourself with sought-after specialist knowledge
Achieving an LLM can help develop your career in a number of ways. As a practicing lawyer or barrister, our master’s programme in healthcare and medical law can help you develop sought-after, in-depth, specialist knowledge in your current field which will set you apart from your peers. Alternatively, specializing in these aspects of law could help change the direction or emphasis of your career. It could also help broaden the scope of your current role; for example, if you are in a generalist managerial role, you could possibly take on legally-related functions.
The following specialized areas are now open to you:
Healthcare and Medical Law
This programme will prepare experienced professionals to influence the development of legal and ethical issues in healthcare. Taylor’s postgraduate students will have a strong grasp of legal issues arising from the provision of healthcare services, impact of new technologies on healthcare and regulation of healthcare professions.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
- Lawyers in private or in-house practice.
- Health executives and administrators, doctors, nurses, dentists and other eligible healthcare professionals.
- Senior staff at pharmaceutical, insurance, regulatory or other healthcare-related fields.
- Public health government officials and staff.
- Fresh graduates who want to equip themselves with in-depth knowledge and expertise in legal healthcare and medical matters to secure competitive jobs in these fields.
LLM (18 Months) – 40 Credits
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Healthcare Regulations & Policies
- Informed Consent and Confidentiality
- Medical Ethics
- Medical Negligence
- Research Methods 1 & 2
- Dissertation (20,000 words)
- Research Methods
About the School
Taylor’s University is a member of the Taylor’s Education Group, which also comprises Taylor’s College, Garden International School, Australian International School Malaysia, Sri Garden International ... Read More