A one-year Master of Legal Studies (MLS) degree is intended for working professionals and graduate students who do not plan to practice law, but want to gain legal skills. The program can be completed in as little as nine months or can be taken part-time over three years.
An MLS will increase your understanding of the legal system, making you more knowledgeable (and marketable) across a broad range of industries, including:
What exactly will an MLS Degree do for you? It will allow you to:
- GAIN SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE OF THE US LEGAL SYSTEM
- Learn the processes of the legal system specific to your area of interest, and develop legal analysis skills by examining relevant cases, laws, and regulations.
- VIEW THE WORLD THROUGH A LEGAL LENS
- Get familiar with the legal issues facing the US and the world. You’ll learn the practical and theoretical implications of the legal process on your area of interest.
- DEVELOP SOLUTIONS TO REAL-WORLD ISSUES
- Better and more effectively communicate about today’s issues, and develop problem-solving strategies for interdisciplinary legal problems.
About the School
Good people become great lawyers. Michigan State University College of Law attracts a talented group of students from all over the country (and the world), and positions them for success through our d ... Read More