The public law specialty emphasizes the laws related to the state, as a sovereign state, such as Criminal Law, Administrative Law, International Law, and Constitutional Law. The program is designed to enhance the graduates’ professional skills, their abilities to think critically, to analyze legal arguments, to articulate ideas, to research efficiently, to write effectively, and to support the college's academic position as a remarkable university within the UAE and abroad.
UAEU now ranks #1 in the UAE based on the Times Higher Education Ranking! We are also #5 in the Middle East, #49th in Asia and #70 in the Young University Rankings of 2019.
- Build and develop in-depth a solid and advanced scientific base of knowledge in public law among the students.
- Enable students to conduct in-depth researches and specialized legal studies in different areas of public law.
- Develop creativity and advanced continuous knowledge in the field of Public Law.
- Provide students with the highest values and ethics necessary for the exercise of the legal profession.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Analyzes cases and legal texts in a correct scientific manner.
- Criticizes jurisprudential and judicial viewpoints and trends in general, and within the UAE legal system in particular.
- Conducts in-depth legal research in the field of public law, and analyzes the findings, in accordance with the correct scientific methodologies.
- Presents his/her scholarly activity orally in a correct scientific manner.
- Undertakes his/her duties professionally in accordance with ethical principles.
Required Credit Hours: minimum of 31 hours
|PUBL630||Advanced Studies in Criminal Law||3|
|PUBL631||Advanced Studies in Constitutional Law||3|
|PUBL633||Advance Studies in International Criminal Law||3|
|PUBL634||Advanced Studies in Criminal Procedures||3|
|PUBL635||Advanced Studies in Administrative Law||3|
|PUBL637||Advanced Studies in Administrative Contracts||3|
|PUBL638||International Relations & Organizations(E)||3|
|PUBL639||Human Rights (E)||3|
|PUBL640||Advanced Studies in Criminal Law-Specific Crimes||3|
Merit Fellowship Award
To receive the Merit Award, students are expected to have high academic credentials and maintain their academic success at the UAEU. The Merit Fellowship Award offers a financial assistance in form of partial tuition waiver to qualified students. Students in STEM and strategic areas of the country (renewable energy, transportation, health, water resources, technology, space) will have priority.
- Have Excellent Academic Standing (GPA ≥ 3.6/4.0).
- Maintain a GPA ≥3.6/4.0 during study at UAEU.
- Have no other financial sponsorship or award.
- 50% discount on tuition fees.
- Valid until graduation as long as the student is abiding with the Student Eligibility conditions.
About the School
The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling approximately 13,900 students, with more than 900 faculty and 65,000 alumni holding key positions ... Read More