The Master's Degree in Law: Studies of the European Union (EU Master) has been taught at the Faculty of Law of this University since 1998. It was implanted as an academic master's degree-researcher in 2006, by virtue of the Decree of the Consellería de Educación of the Xunta de Galicia no. 51/2006, of 23 March. The students of the various promotions have completed their studies with a high level of specialization in European Union law, which has allowed some of them to make a professional leap to the international arena and to work today in the institutions of the Union European Union.
The main objective of the EU Masters is the training of qualified professionals in the European Administration and in the management of resources of the European Union. In this way, we want to respond to the growing demand of these professionals in the labor market, and particularly in the various administrations - local, regional, national and European Union - as well as in companies, and , In general, economic and legal actors who are called to operate in a single market and with a single currency, essentially governed by European Union law.
Why study the degree
If you want to have specialized knowledge in European Union Law or you intend to work within the scope of this international Organization, this is your Master.
The labor market develops in an increasingly international context, where the borders diminish and the international relations increase. All this requires a high degree of legal knowledge to deal with and resolve the disputes that arise, many of them with important implications in the law of the European Union.
The training of the students in this Master's Degree examines relevant subjects in the field of European Union law and responds to the growing demand of professionals with specialized studies in European Union Law. The contents are oriented to acquire a solid knowledge of the legal order of the European Union that allows students to have more and better competences once they finish their studies of Master and thus to improve their academic profiles in the face of the beginning and development of their future professional career .
What is learned
The student will acquire advanced training of a specialized and multidisciplinary nature, in all matters that comprise the multiple dimensions of the European Union. In particular, it guides the training of qualified professionals in the European Administration and in the management of resources of the European Union.
Structure of the Study
- European legal culture
- Legal integration and transformations of legal systems
- Economic integration
- Constitution, citizenship and rights
- Policies and freedoms
- Jurisdictional system of the European Union
- Community and comparative law of Labor and Social Security
- Community law on the sea
- Area of freedom, security and justice
- Collection and management of community resources
- Domestic market
- External action of the European Union
Work End of Master
- Research methodology and research tools (language)
- Master's degree job
Professional and academic outputs
Administrations: local, autonomous, national and EU. Economic, legal and social actors operating on the EU internal market. Ideal program for the preparation of EU competitions. Internship program at the end of the Master's program. European public office; Temporary agents of the EU in the Delegations of the European Commission abroad; Consultants on European issues; Public-autonomous government and the State.
- Graduates and National or foreign university graduates, coming from the European Space of Higher Education.
- Titled according to educational systems outside the European Higher Education Area without the need for homologation of their qualifications, after verification by the UDC, that they accredit a level of training equivalent to the corresponding official Spanish university degrees and that in the country issuing the diploma Access to postgraduate teaching.
Common access requirements
Have the title of Bachelor, Diploma or university graduate, national or foreign.