The Master's Degree in Law from the Catholic University of Valencia (hereinafter MUAB) is an official program aimed at getting the student to acquire the necessary skills for the practice of law.
The Law 34/2006, of October 30, of Access to the professions of Lawyer and Solicitor of the Courts demands that, to be able to exert like lawyer in Spain, all those that have reached their degree (or licenciatura) in right, must surpass In addition, the following:
- A training course that leads to the obtaining of an official Master's degree (90 ECTS) that will include a training period for external internships with 30 ECTS credits.
- An evaluation for access to the legal profession.
The MUAB has the following characteristics:
An enabling master's degree as it is requires an eminently practical training that allows the student to face and respond to real situations. This objective is achieved, among others, through the following resources:
- Teaching faculty The MUAB faculty is composed of professionals of the highest level, mainly from the legal profession and from other sectors related to it (judges, prosecutors, registrars, etc.)
- Methodology. The methodology used allows students to face practical situations similar to those that they will have to answer once they start their professional activity.
- Prácticas. The accomplishment of external academic practices in professional offices and the follow-up that is carried out of them guarantees the acquisition of the competences of a lawyer.
PREPARATION OF THE ACCESS TEST
During the development of the MUAB and in a "parallel" way, the student is prepared to pass the entrance exam to the legal profession. This objective is achieved through a course (which included in the enrollment of the MUAB) offers the following:
- Training focused on passing the entrance exam.
- Resolution of micro-cases similar to those that make up the access test.
- Access to banks of questions and exam simulations with the characteristics of the access test.
- Tutorial for the follow-up and resolution of doubts.
The MUAB offers the possibility to the student who wishes to specialize in a specific area of knowledge with the corresponding recognition, and at the same time he obtains the Master in Law.
The training itineraries of specialization offered to the student are the following:
From September to November. With face-to-face classes from September to June.
Designed to take the examination of access to the Legal Profession
Access and admission
The access system to the Master will follow what is established in article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/2007: To access the official master's degree programs, it will be necessary to hold an official university degree from Spain or another one issued by a higher education institution of the European Higher Education Area that empowers the country issuing the degree to access Master's education.
Also, graduates may access according to educational systems outside the European Higher Education Area without the need for homologation of their degrees, after verification by the University that they accredit a level of education equivalent to the corresponding official Spanish university degrees and that empower in the country issuing the diploma for access to postgraduate education. Access in this way does not imply, in any case, prior approval of the title that is held by the applicant, or his recognition for purposes other than studying the teachings of the Master.
Admission of students:
Masters who are in possession of the Spanish degree of Graduate or Bachelor of Law - or any other declared, expressly, equivalent - will be able to access the Master. Graduates in accordance with foreign educational systems -with titles related to the previous ones- will be able to access this Master without the need for homologation of their qualifications, with the prior verification that they accredit a level of training equivalent to the corresponding Spanish degrees of Degree and that they authorize in the issuing country the title for access to postgraduate studies.
When establishing the criteria for admission, the provisions of article 17 of Royal Decree 1393/2007 will be taken into account.
As criteria for selection for admission to the Master, the Coordination Committee will evaluate the following elements:
- Academic record score
Program taught in: