This qualification provides a practical review of wills, probate & administration. Course content is tailored to the context of client work and covers all processes surrounding planning, drafting and enforcing a will. Specialised topics, such as administering the estate, taxation, after-death variations, family provision, and litigation are covered.
A variety of legal resources will be used to help you understand how wills, probate, and administration manifest in a real professional context. Precedent, source materials, and legal narratives are drawn upon to provide a comprehensive view of contemporary best practice.
The training course will cover the following modules:
- Professional Conduct and FSMA Issues
- Tax Background Issues
- Tax and Estate Planning
- Constructing a Valid Will - The Law
- Drafting a Valid Will
- Entitlement to a Persons Estate: Intestacy
- Probate Practice and Procedure: Obtaining the Grant of Representation
- Probate Practice and Procedure: The Administration of an Estate
- Potential Claims Against the Estate: Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants)
- Avoiding Complaints and Claims