This qualification provides a practical review of wills, probate & administration. Course content is tailored to the context of client work and covers all processes surrounding planning, drafting and enforcing a will. Specialised topics, such as administering the estate, taxation, after-death variations, family provision, and litigation are covered.
A variety of legal resources will be used to help you understand how wills, probate, and administration manifest in a real professional context. Precedent, source materials, and legal narratives are drawn upon to provide a comprehensive view of contemporary best practice.
The training course will cover the following modules:
- Professional Conduct and FSMA Issues
- Tax Background Issues
- Tax and Estate Planning
- Constructing a Valid Will - The Law
- Drafting a Valid Will
- Entitlement to a Persons Estate: Intestacy
- Probate Practice and Procedure: Obtaining the Grant of Representation
- Probate Practice and Procedure: The Administration of an Estate
- Potential Claims Against the Estate: Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants)
- Avoiding Complaints and Claims
About the School
Central Law Training (Scotland) Ltd together with the University of Strathclyde, pioneered the concept of paralegal training nearly 20 years ago. They are now a leading provider of practical paralegal ... Read More