Bachelor of Arts in Pre-Law
USD 17,975 / per semester
Earliest start date
Make Your Mark Tomorrow with Expertise in Pre-Law from Gannon University
Gannon University’s Charles W. Deaner, Esq. ’48 Pre-Law program prepares you to enter into Gannon’s legal studies program and pursue a career in law school or a legal profession. Engage in the course and project work to learn the fundamentals of analyzing problems, identifying significant facts, evaluating precedent, interpreting statutes, and constructing policy arguments. Through flexible course scheduling and one-on-one faculty advising, you can tailor your academic experience as you prepare to launch your career and improve the future in impactful ways.
- Connect with a network of graduates in prestigious positions.
- Tailor your course of study to your individual interests and professional goals.
- Engage in meaningful coursework that leads to a variety of careers in legal and related disciplines.
Inspire Your Academic Success
Gain real-world knowledge through key pre-law courses including:
- Introduction to Law in Society: Learn legal institutions and processes, the evolution of the American legal system, major substantive areas of law, legal reasoning and the adversarial process, and the role of attorneys and courts in American society.
- Legal Analysis and Persuasion: Learn to persuade a targeted audience in both written and oral forms through briefs, mock appellate arguments, and mock trials.
- Career Preparation in Law: Prepare to enter a legal career, take the LSAT, and gain acceptance into law school.
Learn to Lead the Way in Pre-Law
- Master critical and objective thinking skills that are essential in the career field.
- Pursue internship opportunities that offer valuable connections and experiences that prepare you for your career.
- Choose a concentration and plan a course of study best suited to your individual interests. Options include pursuing a legal studies major or certificate, which can be incorporated into your degree of choice.
Achieve Your Possibilities
Our pre-law program is designed for your success. Through curriculum flexibility and high-quality educational opportunities, you can:
- Prepare for further graduate study in prestigious schools including Charlotte School of Law, Cleveland Marshall School of Law, Duquesne University School of Law, and University of Pittsburgh School of Law.
- Prepare for a career in corporate practice, government, politics, private practice, public interest law, civil and criminal law, or patent and copyright law.
- Earn an annual median wage of $126,930 for lawyers, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.