LLM, Postgraduate Diploma or Postgraduate Certificate in Technology, Media and Telecommunications Law Informa Connect
Achieve a qualification from a School of Law ranked 3rd in the UK by the Guardian University Guide 2018.
Gain a Masters while remaining in full-time employment and tailor the modules to focus on: Digital IP Law; Media Law; Telecoms Law; IT Law.
Learn Technology, Media and Telecommunications Law online with this postgraduate distance learning course!
- Start date: 28th Aug 2019 (Application deadline: 22nd July 2019)
- Queen Mary University
- Undertake a flexible, alternative study solution to the traditional on-campus programmes, tailor-made for working professionals in the areas outlined below and studied 100% ONLINE.
- Improve your career prospects by gaining a high-level qualification without compromising your work commitments and gain the professional skills and practical experience that businesses are looking for today
- Benefit from teaching which includes industry experience and is informed by world-leading research
- Choose the modules and the dissertation to tailor the programme precisely to your needs and to the needs of your business and ensure you have the best opportunities in your career progression
With the programme being delivered at different levels, the needs are met with a truly diverse student body. High competition for jobs means having additional training and education can be a real advantage, whether you are in the market for a new career or simply want to progress in your existing position.
This unique distance-learning programme draws on the established teaching strengths and leading research reputation of CCLS in the fields of Digital IP Law, Media Law, Telecoms Law and IT Law.
By studying for either the LLM, Postgraduate Diploma or Certificate you will:
- Gain expertise in the legal regimes governing the supply and use of computer and communications technology
- Examine the complex issues concerning national and international law and policy relating to computer and communications technology
- Analyse how computer and communications technology has affected the application of traditional legal principles.
Programme for Non-Law Graduates
We have created a pathway for non-law graduates to participate in our Technology, Media and Telecommunications Law programme.
These graduates will complete pre-sessional modules of: Legal Systems, Research Skills and Writing for IT Law (studied between January - May 2020 (January 2020 intake only). They will then join the existing Technology, Media and Telecommunications Law programme starting with a compulsory module in Legal Principles and Concepts in Computer Law.
Further credits are then obtained through a combination of optional taught online modules, dissertations (10,000 or 20,000 words) and seminar presentations.
The aim is to provide non-law graduates with a foundation in legal writing, research skills, and legal systems and enable them to access and understand legal resources and to apply all of this knowledge to the computer and communications law programme.
- Qualification: LLM, Postgraduate Diploma, Postgraduate Certificate in Technology, Media and Telecommunications Law
- Start date: 28th August 2019 or 8th January 2020
- Delivery: Online Distance Learning
- Fees: LLM £14,015
- Postgraduate Diploma £8,130
- Postgraduate Certificate £5,030
- Pre-sessional module (for non-law graduates) £2,085 (January 2020 intake only)
The LLM in Technology, Media and Telecommunications Law must be completed within a minimum of two years, and a maximum of six years. The LLM requires the successful completion of 180 credits.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Technology, Media and Telecommunications Law programme must be completed within a minimum of two years and a maximum of six years. The diploma requires the successful completion of 120 credits.
Completion of the Certificate takes one to two years, part-time and students may convert to the Postgraduate Diploma (120 credits) or the LLM (180 credits) after completing the Certificate. The Certificate requires the successful completion of 60 credits.
Students may study the Postgraduate Certificate in Technology, Media and Telecommunications Law and study any combination of modules, or alternatively, you may specialise in one of four pathways:
- Certificate in Digital Media Law
- Certificate in IT and IP Law
- Certificate in E-commerce Law
- Certificate in Communications Law
This unique programme draws on the established teaching strengths and leading research reputation of the Centre for Commercial Law Studies and is a career driver for BOTH LAWYERS AND NON-LAWYERS working internationally in the areas of:
- Data Protection & Privacy
- Telecommunications Regulations
- IP, Digital IP (Software Protection, Trademarks, Copyright)
- Cybercrime, Information Security, Cybersecurity
- Internet & Computer Forensics
- ICT Outsourcing and Cloud Computing
- Online Gambling
- Media Law
- Information Law
Why This Course?
"The course helped to further my expertise in computer and communications law, a fast-changing and fascinating field. It is taught to a very high standard through online tutorials, discussions and resources and the online delivery makes it convenient for working people. I thoroughly recommend the LLM to anyone interested to work in this field and practitioners who are keen to enhance their knowledge of computer and communications law."
Vanessa Mortiaux, Everything Everywhere (UK Joint Venture between Orange and T-Mobile), UK
"The Institute of Computer and Communications Law delivers a level of expertise in its teaching staff which I have found absolutely invaluable and they provide insight and guidance in respect of a specialist area that constantly develops and changes."
Emma Brooks, Graduate
Why study by online distance learning?
- Enjoy the full benefits of studying for a recognised UK university qualification from a leading institution which belongs to both the University of London and Russell Group of leading UK universities whilst maintaining your existing professional commitment
- Benefit from regular interactive online support and feedback on mini assignments set by the academics to help you remain focused and motivated
- Network and share ideas with like-minded fellow professional students and tutors via online forums, which provide additional support and professional development
- Take control of where and when you learn
- Apply your learning, knowledge, skills and expertise to your work immediately