Contract Management Excellence London Business Training & Consulting
This course addresses three important areas of responsibility for the contract manager: Firstly the key issue of managing contractor performance – a process of measurement against deliverables or KPIs in order to achieve the contract objectives. Secondly the complex areas of contract negotiation and contract drafting – two topics that often go hand in hand. Thirdly the questions about what happens when things go wrong, leading to claims for compensation, damages, and early termination, as well as the disputes that may follow.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Managing the Contract to get Results
Managing contractor performance
SLAs and KPIs
Target Costing and Value engineering
Negotiation and Preparation of Contract Documents
Organizing for Contract management
Simplifying the complex construction contract
Planning and Implementing an Effective Contract Structure
Contract Remedies for Default
Managing contract disputes
IT Tools to facilitate contract communication
Managing a sustainable supply chain
Local Content and In-country value
Public Private Partnerships
Summary and recap of key learning objectives
This course is suitable for:
- Contract Engineers
- Contract Analysts
- Commercial advisers
- Inhouse legal advisers
- Company Secretaries
- Procurement team members
- General managers
- Executives tasked with managing contracts
- Contract Administrators
- Anyone who wishes to have a good understanding and develop the ability to apply the terms and conditions of a contract
Upon completion of this course, you will understand:
- how to get the performance you require from your contracts and your contractors.
- how to get to contract through a process of good negotiating and good drafting.
- what to do when things go wrong, contract breaches occur or disputes arise.
- what to look for when it comes to the sustainable, social and environmental aspects of contracts.
- How to implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.