LLM in U.S. Law & Policy
University of the Pacific
USD 36,928 / per year **
Request info *
Earliest start date
* after the priority deadlines, we will continue to accept and review applications on a rolling basis
** academic year totals: $36,928; LLM tuition & costs: $1,337 per unit
The LLM in U.S. Law and Policy is designed specifically for international lawyers or law graduates who seek a general introduction to the United States law. You will study the foundation of U.S. law, and be prepared to demonstrate knowledge of U.S. law to employees and clients.
- Experience courses with JD students allowing direct observation of American lawyer training.
- Work with the Director of Graduate and International Programs to tailor your course selection to qualify to take a bar exam.
- Study the foundation of U.S. law to be prepared to demonstrate knowledge of U.S. law to employees and clients.
- Have access to McGeorge's broad base of alumni from all over the world.
- Join a community of law students, faculty, and alumni, and receive special assistance in adjusting to student life in the United States.
You will take an individually tailored sequence of courses to fulfill the 24-unit program requirement. There are two required courses and you may choose to focus on a specific substantive area.
Admitted students will undertake an individually tailored sequence of courses to fulfill the 24-unit program requirement. You have the option to focus your studies in one of the following substantive areas:
- International or Domestic Business Law
- Intellectual Property
- Civil and Constitutional Rights
- Criminal Justice
- Environmental Law
You may also choose to pursue a Master's Thesis or Directed Research under the supervision of a faculty member.
- LLM Legal Research, Writing, and Analysis
- Legal English
At least one of the following:
- Civil Procedure
- Constitutional Law
- Criminal Law
- To complete your course of study, you may choose to focus on a specific substantive area by selecting relevant elective courses.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.