LLB Honours Law with International Relations Middlesex University Dubai
The LLB Honours Law with International Relations Programme is offered at Middlesex University campuses in London and Dubai.
Studying in this programme gives you an opportunity to complete a qualifying law degree while locating the law in the turbulent, rapidly changing world of international relations. As well as fulfilling the requirements of students who wish to train towards general legal practice, the LLB Law with International Relations is especially suitable for students interested in pursuing a career within one of the many kinds of multilateral organisations to be found in increasingly globalised societies (e.g. political, diplomatic, regulatory, campaigning, service-providing, health, trade and other agencies, NGOs and charities).
Throughout this programme, students develop the knowledge and skills needed to follow a career in law with a specialist knowledge and understanding of International Relations. A career in law offers determined graduates excellent salary prospects and fast progression.
The LLB with International Relations degree satisfies the requirements of the UK professional bodies, the Solicitors Regulation Authority and the Bar Standards Board, to enable graduates to proceed to the professional exams, Legal Practice Course or Bar Professional Training Course if they wish to do so.
- 01 Study the only British Qualifying Law Degree offered in the region
- 02 Programmes accredited by the bodies regulating the legal profession in the UK
- 03 Opportunities to interact and network with distinguished legal practitioners
- 04 Faculty with extensive experience and expertise in legal research, teaching and practice
- 05 Opportunities to participate in international mooting and MUN competitions
- 06 Opportunities to participate in field visits to international organisations
- 07 Gain exposure to legal practice through the Department’s extensive network of partnerships
Why Study LLB Honours Law with International Relations?
Our lecturers have extensive expertise in academia and practice, bringing a wealth of international experience, and challenging you to think beyond the textbook. Alongside developing a thorough grounding in the core areas of English Law, you will gain the legal skills and academic grounding to embark on the next stage of training. A law degree is also an excellent platform for entering related professions.
The unique combination of the two disciplines in the current degree equips students with well-rounded knowledge and understanding of the contemporary issues of law and international relations and the necessary skills to apply them within a professional context.
- Legal Method (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- English Legal System (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Contract Law (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Public Law (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Theories of International Relations (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- European Union Law (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Tort (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Criminal Law (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Equity & Trusts (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Land Law (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Global Trade Law (30 Credits) - Optional
- Project (30 Credits) - Optional
- Integrated Work Placement (30 Credits) - Optional
- Humanitarianism and Global Change (30 Credits) - Optional
- Global Geopolitics: Critical Perspectives and Issues (30 Credits) - Optional
- Public International Law (30 Credits) - Optional
For students primarily interested in a career in legal practice, this course fulfils the standard undergraduate degree requirement for progressing to professional qualification as a barrister or solicitor. Alongside this established career track, the programme equips graduates with a more nuanced understanding of how organisations and societies manage their interaction in the international arena.
Students who complete the programme are well prepared for pursuing professional career options in law, as well as careers in multilateral and international organisations and agencies.
This award is accredited and recognised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) and the Bar Standards Board (BSB). It satisfies the entry requirements for the Legal Practice Course (if you are an aspiring solicitor) and the Bar Professional Training Course (if you are an aspiring barrister).
The LLB Law with International Relations should give students grounding for a legal career with an international focus or more generally speaking, a career specialising in international relations. This degree may for instance lead to a career with international organisations, governments, non-governmental organisations, intergovernmental organisations, United Nations, campaigning organisations, charitable organisations and multi-national companies. This programme also enables students to gain employment and/or further develop their careers in areas including paralegals, legal executives, academia, community advisory work and legal consultants.