Law LLM Newcastle University
Post Graduate Virtual Open Day - May 17th
Join our experts and discover your future with Newcastle University
Our LLM Law provides a challenging legal education. It is flexible and allows you to explore your own interests whilst developing an advanced knowledge of the principles of law.
This course is one of four taught Master of Laws (LLM) we offer and is suitable for graduates of any background. It offers the flexibility to create your own bespoke curriculum to match your legal interests and career aspirations.
It will give you the knowledge, insights and analytical skills to enhance your career in practice, business or academia. If you're pursuing another career path, this LLM Law will enhance your understanding of the law and its impact on society.
Dedicated one-to-one support is also given to help you research and write a dissertation on an area of law you feel passionate about.
You can also join the University's society for students with an interest in Law.
- 1st in the UK and 8th in the world for sustainable development – Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2022
- 42% of our research is classified as 4* world-leading research – Research Excellence Framework 2021
- 65% increase in research power since 2014 – Research Excellence Framework 2021
- Global Top 125 University - QS World University Rankings 2023
- Global Top 140 University - Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2023
- Top 185 for Social Sciences and Management - QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022
- Top 80 for Law – Times Higher Education World University Rankings by Subject 2022
What you'll learn
Choose from a wide range of optional modules to complement your core studies in this flexible Master of Laws. Modules include:
- International Intellectual Property Law
- Foundations of Public International Law
- International Environmental Law
- International Human Rights Law
In addition, you can also choose from a range of our other master's modules, with the permission of the Degree Programme Director.
You'll learn a variety of legal-specific research skills through our Legal Research Skills and Methods module.
- Legal Research: Theory and Method 20
- Dissertation 60
- Corporate Governance and Corporate Finance 20
- Foundations of Public International Law 20
- Mergers and Acquisitions 20
- Money Laundering and Corporate Misconduct 20
- Global Security Law 20
- Comparative Contract Law 20
- Challenges in International Trade Law: Global Systems & Governance (CITL) 20
- International Human Rights and Development: Global Challenges 20
- Foundations of Business and Commercial Law 20
- Law, Digital Markets and Competition 20
- Law and Emerging Technologies 20
- Artificial Intelligence: Law, Theory and Practice 20
- Social Media Regulation: Law, Policy and Society 20
- Medical Devices Regulatory Requirements 20