LLB (Hons) Law with Foundation Year
Regent College London
London, United Kingdom
GBP 9,250 / per year
Earliest start date
Our LLB (Hons) Law with Foundation Year provides you with the fundamental knowledge needed to excel within the field of law.
The LLB (Hons) with Foundation Year is a qualifying law degree (QLD) which in turn allows you to continue moving onto the next stage of training to enter the legal profession: The BPTC for barristers or the LPC/SQE for solicitors. This course will provide you with a solid foundation for whichever law profession you decide to pursue.
Our LLB with Foundation Year course is delivered by an industry-leading faculty of expert tutors and academics from a broad mix of disciplines across industry and academia. The course offers flexible study options allowing you to choose which style of learning works best for you. We are pleased to offer all students the opportunity to learn about RCL’s unique Personal, Leadership, and Growth program: Thinking into Character. Designed to help you understand, manage, and lead yourself effectively to achieve success in all areas of your professional career.
- Personal Learning Competencies (Core)
- Taking a Professional Approach (Core)
- Rights and Responsibilities I (Core)
- Rights and Responsibilities II (Core)
- Thinking Critically, Creatively and Ethically (Core)
- Individual Study (Core)
- Thinking into Character (Core)
- English Legal System (Core)
- Public Law (Core)
- Criminal Law (Core)
- Public Law 2 (Human Rights) (Core)
- Criminal Law 2 (International Criminal Law) (Core)
- Practical Legal Skills (Core)
- Tort Law (Core)
- EU Law (Core)
- Contract Law (Core)
- Contract Law 2 (Consumer and Commercial Law) (Core)
- Tort Law 2 (Intellectual Property and Media Law) (Core)
- International Human Rights (Core)
- Property Law 1 (Land Law) (Core)
- Extended Essay in Law (Core)
- Property Law 2 (Equity and Trusts) (Core)
- Employment Law (Optional)
- Family Law (Optional)
- Company Law (Optional)
- Insurance Law (Optional)
- Law of International Trade (Optional)
- Sports and the Law (Optional)
- Medical Law (Optional)
- Jurisprudence (Optional)
Why study this course?
- An LLB Law degree is an ideal programme for students who wish to enter a diverse range of professions outside of the legal profession, such as jobs in the City, civil service, criminal justice/social/probation services, the charitable sector, or the world of business.
- The degree enables you to enter an undergraduate degree even if you do not hold traditional qualifications or cannot meet the necessary requirements to enter the standard three-year degree.
- The foundation year of this degree provides you with a grounding to learn the core modules of the course, in turn, building your confidence, knowledge, and skills for further study.
- If you have a passion for law, and want to challenge injustice, this is the degree for you. Once you have graduated, you will have opportunities to explore different job roles within the field of law, and its surrounding specialities.
Law is a field that offers exciting career prospects. Upon graduating, you can explore a range of job roles, which include:
- Advice worker
- Civil service administrator
- Compliance officer
- Legal executive