With its main campus in Stephenville, an hour southwest of Fort Worth, Tarleton State University offers the value of a Texas A&M University System degree with its own brand of personal attention, individual opportunities, history, tradition and community.
Tarleton is a vibrant learning community with nearly 100 undergraduate and graduate degrees, as well as a doctorate in education, within seven academic colleges:
- Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Education and Human Development
- Graduate Studies
- Health Sciences and Human Services
- Liberal and Fine Arts
- Science and Technology
Tarleton has extended the reach of state-supported, affordable education by expanding online undergraduate and graduate programs and classes in Waco, Midlothian, and Fort Worth.
Recent additions to the main Stephenville campus include a state-of-the-art Nursing Building, and a new $25 million living and learning residence hall for 500 students. Tarleton’s research centers include the renowned Texas Institute for Applied Environmental Research and the Southwest Regional Dairy Center.
Our commitment to an exceptional student experience
Tarleton State University will provide a life-changing education exemplified by a welcoming and empowering student experience, characterized by:
- An affordable, high-quality education paired with personalized support from start to finish to help students grow academically, socially, and professionally
- Engaged faculty, staff, and alumni mentors who guide students in setting long-term goals and developing marketable skills with real-world application
- A diverse and inclusive community where all students feel a sense of belonging, safety, and acceptance
- Transformational educational experiences that challenge students to achieve excellence and prepare them to lead meaningful and rewarding lives
Tarleton’s faculty, staff, and administration support this experience through:
- Integrated services and clear communications that help students effectively navigate academic, financial, and administrative processes
- A supportive learning environment that connects all students with campus resources and empowers them to take responsibility for their success
- Innovative technology that provides options for learning and engagement, enhances academic and social connections, and allows students to track their progress toward achieving their educational goals
- Curricular and co-curricular programs that engage students in research and workforce experiences, immerse them in global and civic activities, and develop their leadership skills
Mission / Vision and Values / Statements
Tarleton State University, a founding member of The Texas A&M University System, transforms generations by inspiring discovery, leadership, and inclusion through educational excellence.
Tarleton will be the premier comprehensive regional university in the nation, with a keen focus on student success, teaching, and research.
Values and Statements
- Tarleton Texans pursue greatness in all efforts, promoting a spirit of leadership, adaptability, and innovation for exceptional outcomes and a better world.
- Tarleton Texans hold to the highest ethical standards and commit to serving others through transparency and accountability in everything we do.
- Tarleton Texans create an inclusive community by embracing diverse perspectives with civility, honoring tradition, and promoting teamwork so everyone thrives.