LL.M in Intellectual Property
UNH Franklin Pierce School of Law
9 - 12 months
USD 41,000 / per year **
01 Jun 2023*
Earliest start date
* priority application deadline is May 1 | International students & final deadline June 1
** Partial tuition scholarships are available.
As a top-ranked IP law program in the United States for over 30 years, the University of New Hampshire Franklin Pierce School of Law has one of the most comprehensive list of IP and technology law courses.
Why get an LL.M. Degree in Intellectual Property Law?
If you want to be an IP leader, shaping policies and practices globally at Fortune 500 companies, Am Law 100 firms, and governments, earn an LL.M. in intellectual property law from the IP powerhouse. Designed for the U.S. and foreign lawyers, students learn from industry and scholarly experts at the forefront of the field. Experience hands-on learning through clinics like the Intellectual Property and Transaction Clinic and the International Technology Transfer Institute.
Why Choose UNH Franklin Pierce for your Degree?
With 50 years of experience as a leader in intellectual property legal education, UNH Franklin Pierce UNH Franklin Pierce boasts a talented faculty, a global network of influential IP practitioners, and a rich array of IP resources and programs. Faculty are dedicated to IP and students study at one of the largest academic IP libraries in the Western Hemisphere. Alumni work in more than 80 countries around the world at places like Arent Fox, Bayer, General Electric, Hewlett-Packard, Microsoft, Nintendo, PepsiCo., the USPTO, Venable LLP and WIPO.
Take advantage of one of the most comprehensive IP curricula in the country and immerse yourself in a broad range of cutting-edge IP issues. In addition to courses in the American Legal Process and Legal Research, you will choose from an extensive list of IP classes, such as: Copyright Law, Technology Licensing, Patent Practice and Procedure, Trademarks and Deceptive Practices, and more! You will also have the opportunity to benefit from immersive classroom experiences in locations like Silicon Valley and learn from IP experts at Apple, Dolby Laboratories, Fox Entertainment, Google, Intel, Lenovo, Microsoft, Samsung, and Uber.
Student Learning Outcomes for Intellectual Property (IP), L.L.M. UNH Law graduates from the IP LLM program will demonstrate competency at the level of an experienced attorney in these four areas:
- Knowledge and understanding of substantive and procedural law in traditional areas of intellectual property law and practice in the United States and internationally focused on patents, copyrights, and trademarks.
- Legal analysis and reasoning, legal research, problem-solving, and written and oral communication in the context of traditional intellectual property law and practice in the United States and globally.
- Exercise of proper professional and ethical responsibilities to clients and the national and global legal systems of intellectual property rights; and
- Other professional skills needed for competent and ethical participation as a member of the legal profession focused on intellectual property practice domestically and internationally.