Degree in Law (Ourense)
Universidade de Vigo
EUR 591 / per credit
Earliest start date
The Degree in Law provides the student body with a general, theoretical-practical, basic and comprehensive legal training in all branches of Law, which allows them to know and manage basic concepts of Law and achieve competencies and skills for the exercise of legal professions. It will allow you to identify legal facts and problems, draw legal consequences, and present information and solutions orally and in writing. The autonomous learning of the student body with correct ethical behavior and social responsibility constitute essential objectives of the training.
It is not an essential requirement but it will be beneficial for the comprehensive training of the student to have knowledge in Language, History, Philosophy, Ethics and Economics and to handle foreign languages. In particular, it is recommended that you have a certain capacity for understanding, analysis, systematization and synthesis, oral expression and writing, relationship, argumentation and critical reasoning.
The Degree in Law provides students with exhaustive and quality theoretical and practical legal training. Its structure in mentions makes it especially attractive and competitive for access to legal professions in the public and private sectors. It allows students to design their own itinerary of elective subjects and, if they wish, to specialize in judicial law or EU law and #sustainable development in the fourth year.
The mention is incorporated into the Law graduate degree when students take at least five elective subjects integrated into the same area. The title with mention accredits to third parties the specialized training obtained by the students, without prejudice to the core training that the title guarantees.
There are two pioneering mentions in the graduate degree offered by the Ourense Law School:
- The Mention in Judicial Law, more classic and general within the specialization, offers students with a legal vocation a solid training program in Law, which prepares them for public or private legal practice in general. It is especially aimed at students who want to dedicate themselves to judicial practice in the field of the Administration of Justice or to the professional practice of law.
- The Mention in EU Law and sustainable development, more innovative and with a supranational focus, offers specialized and quality training around European law. It is of special interest to ambitious students who are sensitive to the challenges of a globalized world. Also for foreign students who wish to participate in international mobility programs and delve into the study of EU institutions and sources.
Program Tuition Fee
- Employment in the legal, labor and human resources areas, in insurance, mutual societies, cooperatives, banking and credit institutions, in consultancies, in NGOs and development cooperation entities...
- Qualified jobs in companies or self-employed jobs for which legal training is necessary
- Other jobs for which you do not necessarily need, but if legal training is useful or convenient
- In the European Union and other international organizations
- In the State: judges, prosecutors, lawyers of the Administration of Justice, notaries, property or commercial registrars, State lawyers, lawyers of the Council of State, lawyers of the General Courts, lawyers of Social Security, inspectors and sub-inspectors of Labor, Treasury inspectors and technicians, auditors and auditors, Administration technicians...
- In the autonomous communities: lawyers from regional parliaments, legal services from regional governments, technicians from the Administration...
- In local administrations: secretaries or auditors of the local Administration, lawyers or legal advisors, Administration technicians...
- Others: diplomats, legal services of other public entities (e.g. universities, military legal body...), university professors...