CertHE Law with Business
University of Essex Online
Online United Kingdom
GBP 6,167 *
Earliest start date
* for UK students | £6,475 for international students
Through this 100% online and part-time CertHE Law with Business you will be introduced to the essential topics within law and business.
On this short course, you will be introduced to the career-focused subjects of law and business. You will gain knowledge of legal and commercial concepts and develop transferable workplace skills, which you can apply to your current role from day one.
No prior qualifications or work experience? Not an issue, because our online CertHE courses have an open entry route. This course can be completed in as little as 16 months – and it’s easy to progress onto the full LLB.
We’re a 100% online education provider, so we use a state-of-the-art virtual learning environment (VLE) to deliver our teaching, resources and assessments. Our system tracks and manages the learning process in real-time and provides you with immediate access to your learning materials. The VLE is accessible 24/7 and allows both students and tutors to actively take part in real-time conversations and live seminars.
We believe you get the most out of your time spent studying when you are kept informed of your performance, and we achieve this by:
- assessing you throughout modules rather than waiting for the end of year assessments
- showing your marks in your grade book which can be viewed whenever you log onto the virtual learning environment (VLE)
- rapid turnaround on work assessed to ensure your grade book is always up to date
- ensuring you have regular contact with your Student Support team
All assessments are delivered through our virtual learning environment (VLE). There is no requirement to travel to external test centres; instead, you will submit assignments through the VLE, such as written reports, discussion forum participation or reflective journal entries. For the few modules that have timed assessments, we use a virtual proctoring system that enables you to sit academically rigorous timed assessments virtually in the comfort of your own home.
We also have a policy of ensuring that the work submitted by students is authentic – we use a well-established electronic monitoring system to check for plagiarism.
Why Essex Online?
Study online. Graduate on campus.
You will complete your studies and assessments 100% online and your qualification will be awarded by the University of Essex, an award-winning university with a 50-year heritage of teaching and research excellence and one of the top 25 universities in the UK (Complete University Guide 2022). Upon completing your course, you will graduate with the same certificate as campus-based students – your mode of study is only mentioned on your academic transcript.
Quality assured experience
The UK Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework rated us Gold for delivering consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for students (TEF 2018). We are also the highest-rated online-only provider in the National Student Survey (NSS 2020).
We stand behind the academic quality of our online courses and that’s why we offer a money-back guarantee. If you decide your course isn’t for you within 21 days, we’ll give you a full refund.*
* Terms and Conditions apply. To find out more please contact our Admissions team.
World-class academic and mentoring support
Our online tutors are leading authorities and specialists in their respective fields. They are passionate about what they teach and combine their knowledge of industry practice with high-quality academic delivery, offering you an unparalleled learning experience.
We also have a dedicated team of Student Advisers and Study Skills Advisers that will support you from your first day to graduation. They will be on hand to help and guide you as you progress through your studies. Whatever the question or issue, they will work with you to find a solution.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to progress onto our online LLB (Hons) Law with Business, a qualifying law degree (QLD) which enables you to complete the academic stage of legal education. If you would like to qualify as a lawyer, you must complete your degree studies in no more than six years and achieve a minimum of a Lower Second Class Honours degree.
Legal knowledge is highly valued by wide a range of sectors and you would also be well prepared for roles, in management, government and the voluntary sector. Additionally, the business skills that you gain will open up further career opportunities enabling you to succeed in commercial roles within any organisation.
Gaining an undergraduate qualification with the University of Essex Online also puts you in good stead for your career prospects. Results from their 2021 student survey showed:
- 92% of students said their course helped develop their research skills
- 89% of students say their studies fit with their future plans
- 25% of students saw their salaries increase by up to 10%
You can study the following modules on the CertHE Law with Business:
- Legal Skills and Context*
- Legal Skills and Context*
- Criminal Law
- Public Law
- Business Environment*
- Business and Management Skills
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Human Resource Management
- Introduction to Finance
* These modules are core and must be passed in order to achieve the award.
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
- Designated for undergraduate student loans in England.
- Simple monthly payment plan available, enabling you to spread the cost over the duration of your studies.
- Full payment discount of 5% if you pay upfront.
- Regional scholarship available for international students based overseas in eligible countries.
- 10% corporate discount available when three or more of your employees study with us.
Please note, a maximum of two discounts or scholarships can be applied. The corporate discount can only be used in combination with our upfront payment discount, but not in conjunction with any other discount or scholarship. Find out more information about our discounts and scholarships.
Study an undergraduate degree with Essex Online – Webinar
28 February at 13.00 - 14.00 GMT