Nine decades since its inception in 1929, the University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School stands poised to answer the call for revolutionary thinking and principled leadership as we seek to redefine business education for the 21st century. As societies around the world grapple with immense economic, technological, and environmental changes and challenges, we believe that principled leaders must apply the concepts of sustainable growth, equitable development, and ethical business practice to make the world a better, more prosperous place.
Miami Herbert is one of 12 schools and colleges at the University of Miami, we offer undergraduate, master’s, doctoral, and executive education programs. Located in a global hub for international business, the School is widely recognized for its leadership in global perspective, student and faculty diversity, and engagement with the business community.
The mission of Miami Herbert Business School is to develop transformative scholarship and principled leaders for business and society. We are thought leaders that redefine business knowledge and practice in the broadest possible terms, shape business scholarship and how business is conceived, and set the standard for business education.
Miami Herbert has earned accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC); Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the world’s leading accrediting body that ensures quality and continuous improvement; EQUIS, which recognizes business schools that are trying to make an impact beyond their domestic frontier; The Association of MBAs (AMBA); and the Education Quality Accreditation Agency (EQUAA), whose mission is to increase the academic quality of programs, institutes, careers, faculties, and universities, and other educational units in Latin America and the world. The School holds a “triple crown” accreditation status (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA accreditation)—a feat achieved by less than 1 percent of the world’s business schools. In the United States, Miami Herbert is one of only three business schools with this coveted designation.
What We Stand For
Our values set us apart as we train business leaders and ethical thinkers for the 21st century.
Our innovative educational model is driven by our commitment to our values. We prioritize sustainability education for all students so that we can prepare leaders ready to take on the social and environmental challenges of the 21st century. We are committed to fostering global mindsets and multicultural understanding. Our proudly diverse community of students and faculty is strengthened by our mutual appreciation for our differences.
- Thought Leadership. We are thought leaders that redefine business knowledge and practice in the broadest possible terms, shape business scholarship and how business is conceived, and set the standard for business education.
- Diversity and Inclusion. Miami Herbert Business School students and faculty come from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. We are strengthened by our differences, as we use our unique perspectives to improve business and society.
- Sustainability. Miami Herbert Business School proudly prioritizes sustainability education for all our students. Our unique interdisciplinary approach unites business, science, theory, and practice to provide forward-thinking expertise for those focused on where the world is headed.
- Global Focus. Miami Herbert is a leader in preparing individuals and organizations to excel in the complex, dynamic, and interconnected world of international business. Located in Miami, the crossroads of the Americas, in one of the most diverse, dynamic, and innovative business centers, the School is acclaimed for its global perspective.
- Educating Principled Leaders. Our students and faculty are principled leaders who transform global business and society. We are a socially conscious community committed to building strong businesses and making the world a better place.
- Experiential Learning. From day one, a Miami Herbert Business School education is centered around real experience and hands-on learning. Through teamwork, presentations, consulting projects, and more, we emphasize the importance of doing the work, not just talking about it.